Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Screen Resolution of Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 365

Hello. I just downloaded a trial version of Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 365 onto my Windows 10 laptop. Still lots to learn. My immediate issue is that the Xara toolbars/sidebars/even instructions are are blurry and fuzzy. I want to be clear that when I am creating documents, the resolution is great both while working on them and when saved. It's just that the toolbars and info outside of the document are not clear. (The Windows operating system is crystal clear) Is there a setting that I need to adjust to sharpen up the program? Thank you.

Default Re: Screen Resolution of Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 365

That does not sound right. Mine is crystal clear the trial should not be any different. Try running as administrator and see if that helps, (this only need to be done once). Sometimes just a computer restart clears up many problems.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Welcome to TalkGraphics chacha114. If the methods in the post above do not work, get back to us, let us know in any case.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Welcome to TG. Can you take a screen capture (press Print Screen) then paste it into Xara, crop and post here.

Do you have a high dpi monitor?

Wow! Thx for the quick response and warm welcome! Tried to run as an administrator without resolving the problem. I do not know if I have a high dpi monitor. Perhaps I should have mentioned that I am running Xara in Bootcamp on a new MacBook Pro. Might that be the issue? Here's a pic: I realize it's not crazy blurry, but it just blurry enough to be annoying. Notice how the geometrics are crisp and clear but the toolbar info is grainier. Is this how it is supposed to look or am I just too particular? Many thanks in advance for your input!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara Pic.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	116017
    Last edited by chacha114; 26 January 2017 at 02:45 AM. Reason: poor choice of words

Try setting windows to 100% scaling and see if that helps. I think the new MacBook Pros are high dpi.

Thanks, mwez...I scaled it down to 100% and it definitely helped with the overall clarity. However, now everything (icons/font) is so small, I can't work with it. When I tried to enlarge everything using command +, navigation got very hard to manage and sporatic. I recognize that I am an Apple user and I am not too familiar with proper settings in a Windows environment, so perhaps I am doing something wrong. Any other suggestion would be very much appreciated.

There is at least one member here who uses a retina display. Hopefully they will chime in.

As far as I know, Xara products are not hi dpi aware. I don't know if you have tried it yet, but Serif's Affinity Designer application is hi dpi aware. And it is cost effective. And supports OpenType features. I suspect the Apple store has a trial.

Mike

Windows uses, if you're using accessibility options, the video card to scale a small render of your screen. Your video cards today all use anti-alias filters, which blurrs things to keep them from looking 'pixelated'. Try turning off your accessibility zoom options and see if that solves the problem.
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com