Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Perhaps this is the wrong thread and if so

Larry - I don't see X3d6 anywhere for download on xara's site - and that includes my account where the older programs just have the serial numbers and purchase dates

so I am wondering from where ladymacbeth downloaded version 6 recently? - the system was different back in 2005 and as far as I know the old online system is not accessible anymore; but i could be wrong, could have missed it

ver 6 serial numbers won't work with version 7 of course
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

ok panic over - it is still there - just have to scroll right down to find the link to the old account system [google is my friend )

but here is what Xara say:
    NOTE: Xara 3D 5, Xara Xtreme, Webstyle 4, Menumaker and Menumaker 1.1 should now always be installed from CD. If you cannot locate a CD we might be able to provide a replacement, contact Support.
    and there is no serial number for my version 6 - that is only on my CD - so now I am confused as per normal again - must be mi'age
    Last edited by handrawn; 06 February 2017 at 06:11 PM. Reason: I'm confuddled
    Nothing lasts forever...

handrawn, I think you are correct. I had forgotten that the serial numbers used to be on the CD sleeve. That does present a problem.
    So we are back to where was the program purchased and if they cannot furnish the serial no. then I guess she is stuck and may have to upgrade or just plane purchase v7 from Xara. What do you think?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

maybe the OP will have to wait for Xara support to get back - still not sure where on the Xara system an X3D6 serial number can be downloaded [if at all]
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    maybe the OP will have to wait for Xara support to get back - still not sure where on the Xara system an X3D6 serial number can be downloaded [if at all]
    Yeah, I agree.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thank you for all of your help guys. Wizard, I am US based as you guessed and I did get someone from the support to respond and told me to download a trial version of the product and they will give me a code to work with it. I have done that and it's been about 4 days since then and I haven't seen any other response or the code.

I considered buying a third copy but honestly, with no support, I'm concerned about doing that. Insofar as something being wrong with my issue. the support folks told me that the xara 6 servers are no longer available so that explains why they gave me a trial copy and not my real one in my download area. That was the issue. I had purchased the product and when I went to get it and reinstall it, it was a trial versoin not the paid professional one.

I'm considering buying it again and am talking with my company about it as they have concerns about buying from a company with support that takes nearly a week to resolve an issue. My best guess is that I will end up buying the product again and hoping that I don't have any issues, since support and communication seems lax at best. I have worked with this company and purchased their products since like 2009. it's never been like this and I'm truly surprised.
    Last edited by LadyMacbeth; 10 February 2017 at 02:39 PM. Reason: typo correction

Just noticed -
    handrawn--that you asked a question about me and I so rudely did not reply. My bad. As regards where I downloaded it, there is, as noted by othre members of the thread, a link inside your account post purchase that permits you to download a copy of your software. I did so but as you also noted .. version six servers are not available so when I tried to implement the code ( see image) it wouldn't register in the software. Attachment 116159

Quote Originally Posted by LadyMacbeth View Post
    Just noticed -
    handrawn--that you asked a question about me and I so rudely did not reply. My bad. As regards where I downloaded it, there is, as noted by othre members of the thread, a link inside your account post purchase that permits you to download a copy of your software. I did so but as you also noted .. version six servers are not available so when I tried to implement the code ( see image) it wouldn't register in the software. Attachment 116159
    well all I can say is that the last time I installed version 6 I was not even connected to the internet - version 6 as far as I know does not require this - it is so old it is pre internet registration
    Nothing lasts forever...

lol well to be honest I give up. I am going to buy the version seven but truthfully I'm a little nervous to do that. if you don't get good communication, you don't hand them more money and hope that changes.. I would like to say a big thank you to all of you for your attempts. Much appreciated .. you are great customer service for the site and the software. It behooves those in charge to appreciate you for doing what they did not.

thanks

it turns out that the serial number for ver 6 is available on the new service center but not the download; the download is only available on the old but not the serial number; don't ask me why

good luck with version 7
    Nothing lasts forever...