Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Perhaps this is the wrong thread and if so

I encourage the moderators/administrators to move it. I am having massive issues with my Xard3d 6. I have gone to my account, logged in, downloaded it and received my key from the same account. I install it in my machine ( windows 8.1) and it doesn't allow me any choice except the trial or buy now. Buy now goes to the xara 7. trial doesn't give me a place to post the key into it to change it over from the trial to the full.

I'm at the point now where I'm frustrated and saying a lot of naughty words. :P If i wasn't a nice girl I'd be cracking it, not asking for help so please please, unfrustrate me because this has gone on for a couple of days. I've installed and uninstalled a gazillion times. My new computer screen shattered and I use this a lot. I am installing on an older machine. ( about 2 years) intel core 13, windows 8.1 8 gigs of ram, dell -- srs premium sound.. 1 terrabyte hard drive..--I have purchased two copies of xara3d and I would prefer not to buy another one but rather to upgrade it but.. needless to say. I can't upgrade it til I get the damn thing installed LOLOL.

I did place a ticket but have not received any response to it.. I don't believe the computer is the issue but some of you may know more about that than do I.
    Thank you for any assistance you may offer.

Robbi Drake.

Default Re: Perhaps this is the wrong thread and if so

Xara should be in touch regarding extending your activation code.
    I did this recently and it was less that two days; the weekend may have got in the way for you.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Moved to Xara 3D Maker,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by LadyMacbeth View Post
    I can't upgrade it til I get the damn thing installed LOLOL.
    you can - all you need to upgrade is the serial number - can only do it once of course [for a given serial number]
    Last edited by handrawn; 05 February 2017 at 10:21 PM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Why would I have to upgrade the serial number.. I'm curious,not being rude. I buy big ticket software and the serial number doesn't expire.. . I've never had to upgrade or extend a serial number for any other software. In artisteer if you have that version of the software and your key you can use it forever. You can't upgrade it but they don't shut off the fact that you bought it.. likewise corel and adobe. I have old adobe suite 2 and it still works. all I have to do is reinstall it and then add my key.. this software has been the same too. Is this something new? that after a little while the version you bought isn't yours any more? what am I missing here.

robbi.

I guess my question is, if I buy xara 7 --- 3 years down the road will I find out that the download they gave me in my account is shut off and no longer works.. because after a few years it is no longer mine.. I don't think that question is out of line -I don't think its okay to keep on giving me upgrades free of charge forever --- likewise I don't think that it is fair or just in any way to take away something that someone bought or make it unable to work after a given amount of time in order to force them to buy something else.

if you upgrade version 6 to version 7 then you need your version 6 serial number to get the upgrade discount and the new serial number for version 7 at the lower price - but you do not need version 6 installed on your computer, you just install version 7 and use the new serial number you bought at the discount price

X3D6 is yours forever... but you may have difficulty getting it to work on windows 10 [don't know about windows 8]

afaik X3D7 is also yours forever, but I don't have it to read the EULA [licence]
    Nothing lasts forever...

probably 6-8 months ago when I did a fresh installation, the one that I received from the site was a pro version and now the one that I receive is a trial version from inside my account. That speaks of their having removed the pro version and put in its place a trial version, does it not or am I mistaken in my thinking. I think on the ticket it says that the version 6 servers are no longer available, but I don't know if that is the case.

I simply want to ensure that it is workable. Re the operating system, I won't be installing it on windows 10. I am using 8.1 at the moment on this computer. The windows 10 is the one that I broke LOL and for the record, it did work though it seemed a bit sluggish. I am rolling back most of my windows 10 machines. am not a huge fan, though I expect many of you are.

there is only one program per version - it operates in trial mode until you have successfully entered the key [serial number] then it switches to full mode

version 6 is now 12 years old; getting it to work on windows 10 is not guaranteed- I am pleased you were able to do this; in my case there were registration issues, but this may have various causes including simply the version of window 10 in question

with a program this old I would install it in compatibility mode and as administrator

it is possible that administrator rights are blocking the registration of your serial number when you enter it and so the program remains in trial mode - try running the program as administrator if you have not already done so [right click and select from popup menu]

I do not think with a program this old that the serial number or activations would lapse, nor do need to be connected to the internet...
    Last edited by handrawn; 06 February 2017 at 04:35 PM.
    Nothing lasts forever...

Xara support/us seems to be unavailable at the moment don't know about where you are though. When you log in you should be in or go to Xara support (I don't remember if you will need to log n in there also), and able to view (my purchases) there you will find all your purchased products, date purchased/registration date, and serial numbers.
    Hopefully you have set up your registration email and user name because you will need them to log in. This may not help, just saying. The information handrawn and Acorn has given you is sound but something does not sound right about your problem but yes you will get a notice about a newer version of the program, that does not mean you have to purchase it's just a notice. Just wondering where you purchased you version? That could make a difference.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.