Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Sticky navigation bar for web designer 10 premium

Hi all, like the tittle said. Is there any chance i can do sticky nav bar with WD10?
    And another newbie question, how to change my subdomain address (not xara host free subdomain), with my own main domain address (who recently buying from xara host)?
    Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Sticky navigation bar for web designer 10 premium

Welcome to TalkGraphics

See this post by Steve Ledger https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...679#post470679

I don't think you can have mouse over buttons but you can place a nav bar on a fixed layer.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics

See this post by Steve Ledger https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...679#post470679

I don't think you can have mouse over buttons but you can place a nav bar on a fixed layer.
    Nice! Thanks alot gwpriester. For a few days, already try search in forum and found nothing. This will help a lot. And how about subdomain at xara-online?

Already read in FAQ, i quote,"Log into your Xara Online Control Center and click on "Settings" in the navigation. You will then be able to change your address via the "Web address" link".
    But what i found only create new folder and file. And change my main domain, with xara free subdomain. Any clue about this? Thanks in advance.

Click the Publish Icon (see attached)

When the dialog opens New Web Address...

Scroll down to Your Subdomain and click Rename Domain.

You can rename the first part but not the xara.hosting part.

That make sense?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	publish.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	6.7 KB 
ID:	116115  

Click the Publish Icon (see attached)

When the dialog opens New Web Address...

Scroll down to Your Subdomain and click Rename Domain.

You can rename the first part but not the xara.hosting part.

That make sense?
    Hi gwpriester, thanks for answer. But i have just purchased a domain, and i want to use it as my main domain and subdomain. Example my new domain is night.com, already set as main domain in control panel.
    But when i tried to change subdomain into confuse.night.com it never works. It works when i tried to change to night.xara.hosting
    But what i want is night.night.com. Or i need to publish my web first, before i change the address? Thanks again.

I really newbie about this control panel, publish website thing. So be patience with me hehe. Thanks

If you have your own domain, which you do, then you can add a sub domain in the Sub folder (optional) section.

In the attached example, the sub folder public_html is the sub folder my web host requires me to publish to.

Adding a forward slash and a folder name (preferably without spaces) creates a sub folder.

So if your domain name is mydomain.com and you create a sub folder-oddities and publish a separate website (with index and all associated files) then the address is mydomain.com/folder-oddities

I am not really sure (maybe Egg or Acorn might know) how to create the sub domain before the domain name, e.g. folder-oddities.mydomain.com which is what I think you are asking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	publish sub domain.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	116117  

If you have your own domain, which you do, then you can add a sub domain in the Sub folder (optional) section.

In the attached example, the sub folder public_html is the sub folder my web host requires me to publish to.

Adding a forward slash and a folder name (preferably without spaces) creates a sub folder.

So if your domain name is mydomain.com and you create a sub folder-oddities and publish a separate website (with index and all associated files) then the address is mydomain.com/folder-oddities

I am not really sure (maybe Egg or Acorn might know) how to create the sub domain before the domain name, e.g. folder-oddities.mydomain.com which is what I think you are asking.
    Hi, already got reply from xara, i quote,"I do apologise about the mistake, you can change the sub-domain, but you cannot change the domain. So it will always be ****.xara.hosting, where the sub-domain is whatever you want it to be (providing it hasnt been taken by another user). Unfortunately Xara hosting doesn't support email hosting, I do apologise about any inconvenience this has caused."

So yeah, thats what im afraid, i cant make whatiwant.yourdomain.com, and no webmail too.. okay then we have to move on hehe. Thanks gwpriester for your assistance, really appreciate it.

Go with a company that specializes in web hosting. I use NameCheap.com, some people like GoDaddy.com. Check out the services they off and also send a few support requests to see how quickly they respond.

NameCheap.com is headquartered in Los Angeles but their support is done out of Ukraine. If it were not for names like Olga, etc. I would never have guessed. And their response time is as good as their English.

I use Designer Pro X for almost everything I do, and it is great for building basic websites, graphic design, photo editing, illustration. And xara.hosting is great for publishing a site for a client to see on line before transferring to a permanent host.