Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Error Exporting to PDF

Hello

When I export a document as Commercial Printing Pdf I keep getting an error when the pdf opens, also the images, shapes and text do not show on the pdf.

Hoping someone can help me with this, here is the Xara document: https://www.dropbox.com/s/baxffe79m1erfhe/TEXstyle Curved 8ft Template2.xar?dl=0

I am not sure as I have the background image as a bitmap trace.

Thanks for any help on this.

Default Re: Error Exporting to PDF

Delete the small Raleway text above the bottom images. Save as a new version. Try an export. It should work.

Re-create that small text one caption at a time and try an export each time. FWIW, Also do not use an outline to create a heavier font style. Just use one of the heavier Raleway weights. That's what they are for.

There are things about the file I do not understand. There is no bleed though the background hits the page edges at top and bottom. Because of the 0.44" in the page dimensions, I don't know if that was being planned as a trim for the bleed.

I also do not understand why the filename indicates 8 foot length, but the page itself isn't. I would also recommend converting the background to an image (at least once the page size is checked) and then using the cropping (double-click ont he image, drag the sides in). It doesn't need to be per se, but it will cut down on all the stuff that your Xara application has to toss away when it creates the PDF.

Mike

Default Re: Error Exporting to PDF

Thank you Mwenz,

Yes the text seems to be conflicting with something I guess.

I redid the text and it worked.

All was done as per the printer, no bleed.

The file is supposed to be 8 feet but could not save that size, gave error of too large so had to reduce to 25% less, they can then blow it up to fit.

Thanks again