Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: time to spare

I thought I will post my first line art picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	penart.jpg 
Views:	780 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	2434  

I thought I will post my first line art picture.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Panfer - Very neato-cool. Did you draw the sketch in xara too?

For anyone interested, yesterday I posted two tutorials in the main xara forum relating to creating frames similar to what Panfer has done. You can find them here and here.

Regards, Ross

PS - Panfer, I for one am glad you keep finding a little time to spare and share with us here.

Thanks Ross.I am glad I am in a good company!
    btw those are good tutorials.
    Everything on the above picture is done in Xara.(freehand no tracing or scanning)
    Cheers

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Did you use your new tablet? Did you use Xara X's new stoke shapes?

As a person who enjoys doing pencil and pen&ink sketches, but who doesn't own a tablet, I've often wondered about tablets. I know how hard it is to sketch with a mouse - there is no question that with a pencil I can be much more intuitive that with the mouse. Even after years of drawing with mice I'm not getting any better at it.

I've seen advertised those tablets that have a LCD screen as the tablet surface. Wow! Not knowing anything about tablets that seems like the ideal for me! My birthday is approaching - Hint-hint!

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

I used the new tablet and default stroke. Just for highlight I used new brush.
    I am enjoying the new tablet and getting used to it.
    For your birthday all I can say is give yourself a gift.It will "liven" up the images,esp the line art type.Graphire is good.

Ross,
    Go ahead and get a tablet, you wont regret it. I used the mouse for years but I couldn't dream of drawing with a mouse now. In fact the mouse sits on my desk gathering dust as I never use it at all now.
    I don't use it like a pencil as Panfer has on his cool line drawing, but I still find it far easier to control than a mouse.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Great image panfer.

Ross

I use a Graphire and can heartily recommend both the mouse and the pen. Most of my work is confined to the mouse but it's apparent from the first time you use the pen that it's orders of magnitude more expressive. I would consider it an essential requirement for any serious user of the freehand tool.

The mouse is cordless and bateryless and is therefore very reliable and doesn't deteriorate. You may find the acceleration characteristics unusual at first, however they're adjustable with further adjustment promised for a future driver. I now prefer it and hate going back to the imprecision of ordinary mice.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

Hi Ross,

Nice tutorials, thanks for taking the time!

I have a Wacom ArtsZII 6x8 Tablet (old) and this is my 3rd computer upgrade to have it installed. I always thought drawing with a mouse was very much like drawing with a
    brick in hand. It didn’t take very long at all (< 1 hour) to get accustomed to looking at
    the monitor screen while drawing on the tablet. People I know tape textured paper of
    various thickness on the tablet surface to get the feel of drawing on paper too.

The tablet really did help “set me free” to sketch with the computer.

Try it you’ll like it!

Bob C.

Thank you Sean.

Ross
    I really like this tablet. I am getting comfortable with it. I hope you have made up your mind to get one before your birhday!