Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Default Re: How do you feel about the 365 Program?

If one has to reinstall and the Xara product reverts back to as-purchased, one also cannot access content that was then current. At least from what I can ferret out in the mainly non-answers. Kate or another Xara person would need to clarify this.

Mike

PhilM has responded to my comment re art brushes - I cannot go into details here without risking Gary P having metaphorical kittens, but I just want to repeat: the guys at xara are helpful. folks; they listen, even as we moan
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Acorn,
    That was naturally the first thing I tried.

However, I have not done any downloading of updates myself and thus am unaware of any updates since I first installed 365.
    If the software is updating without my being aware of it, then I'm misunderstanding what Kate said here:

"the question is only whether it suits *you* to upgrade now, or later when you see something you want, whether to accept the updates or not, or none of the above:"

In other words, IF! I am recieving updates without knowing it, that means I'm not getting the option to accept or reject the various updates as they come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Ron, Help > Check for updates...

Acorn
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Noticed the update that was downloaded from within the program is smaller than if I would download the trial version from the web.

As long as I keep a copy of the latest trial that came out before my 365 subscription expires... I should have the updates and any added features even if I had to reinstall the software.

Is my thinking correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Duke View Post
    Ok.......Now I think I understand how the 365 program works. However, as I was not signed up for the "Outsider" emails (I am as of now), how do I access the downloads for the updates I've missed so far?
    I've searched all over the Xara website and can't find a download link to them anywhere.
    Also: Xara News - https://support.xara.com/index.php?/News/List/Index/6

Quote Originally Posted by katemoir View Post
    Let me re-word my last sentence. So long as you have downloaded the Slideshow Widget to your Local Designs Gallery, you will be able to create new slideshows using that Widget, after expiry.
    Kate,
    to my surprise you are perfectly correct and my statement was wrong. I instantly felt an urge to apologize
    but then I thought this was actually inadequate.

I'm an advanced user, do read release notes and tend to express my concerns very clearly.
    My conclusion, that a widget which requires a Login to Xara Online services would likely expire as soon as
    one lets the 365 license run out was shared by fellow users. Those, who could have clarified things obviously
    don't read this forum and the web-page you linked wasn't available in the current form last summer.

By not taking part in the conversation you are missing valuable feedback, misunderstandings, wishes.
    Accumulating frustration is merely a logical consequence – and it's totally about you to change the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Duke View Post
    Acorn,
    That was naturally the first thing I tried.

However, I have not done any downloading of updates myself and thus am unaware of any updates since I first installed 365.
    If the software is updating without my being aware of it, then I'm misunderstanding what Kate said here:

"the question is only whether it suits *you* to upgrade now, or later when you see something you want, whether to accept the updates or not, or none of the above:"

In other words, IF! I am recieving updates without knowing it, that means I'm not getting the option to accept or reject the various updates as they come out.
    Ron, Xara application shave never forced an update. You have a second method, always haphazard, where Xara will present a "Do you wish to update?" screen, which you can decline.
    As mentioned earlier, updates and bug fixes are intertwined, so if you have a problem you are forced to update. If you have updated in error, you can always revert to the CD install or download from Xara; i believe this will always be the base version. whether that has bug fixes applied so it is changed throughout its year run. What has not been explained is if one subscribes for two years (v12 and v13) would v13 be downloadable after v14, v15 etc are out there?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by cmpan1 View Post
    Useful link.

I have Xara Designer Pro X 12.4.1.47518 DL x64 Nov 17 2016 - this was a bug fix run.
    There was 12.4.0 on 09 Nov 2016.
    Version 12.2.0.45774 on 04 Jul 2016.

So I have had one Update Guarantee download in seven months.

I am wrong about being able to re-download the base version from Xara.
    Currently, all I can see is -
    DESIGNER PRO X365 (32- & 64-BIT), Version: 365 (12.4.1), Filesize: 147MB, Date: November 17, 2016
    and a link to v11.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I'll add to the mix by saying that I have been a loyal Xara user since the early days, but as of the new subscription model I feel we are all being duped. I am actively looking to replace Xara. I doubt that I will update my subscription based on what I have seen over the past nine months.

Quote Originally Posted by katemoir View Post
    We know that many of you find it frustrating that you have to wait a whole year for our next update
    It' s mistake. Many are frustrated that instead of modern new tools(features), they get a heap of not very useful things.
    The last few years I use XDP as a prototyping tool for more advanced software. PRO means a PROtotype? Joke.