I purchased Xara Designer Pro X 365 when it came out in July 2016. Since then there were a few bug-fix updates and, in November, one upgrade with new or improved features. Because I wanted to have a clear overview of what was added to the app, I copied (from the "What's New" page) & pasted these features below. I'm not sure what to think of the list (or this new 365-scheme) or what to expect from a next upgrade. This is especially so because it's very unclear where Xara wants to take XDP and its spinoffs. I find it unfortunate that the company is not more forthcoming in this area but, then again, Xara, even though well-intentioned, has never been known for its communication skills. So, my answer to Gary’s question is a shrug and a wait-and-see stance.

Web Design:
• An easy to use Link to heading option (no anchor names required) NEW - November 2016
• Improved web page transition animations (smoother and more consistent across different browsers and devices) NEW - November 2016

Photo & Graphic Design:
• UPDATED - November 2016: Now as you drag the handles [of photos in the Photo Tool] to adjust an image, a feint copy of the full uncropped image is shown behind.
• NEW November 2016 - we've added 50 new photo filters, now 75 in total! We've also categorised the filters to make it easier to find just the right filter to achieve the effect or ambience you're looking for!
• UPDATED - November 2016: Feathering settings preserved and region naming improvements in the Photo Effect Painter

Text Handling:
• NEW - NOVEMBER 2016 Table of Contents. You can now build a Table of Contents automatically and insert it at the caret position, a massive time saver for anyone creating a long document.
• An extended List Properties dialog for easier list editing NEW - November 2016
• Ability to align text vertically NEW - November 2016
• Delete Style option added NEW - November 2016
• The Style Properties dialog now includes the option to set the outline level of a heading style NEW - November 2016

Content:
• Online Content Catalog: UPDATED - November 2016 (can now download higher than HD resolution photos for print docs)
• Google Forms widget added to the Content Catalog. You can create your own custom forms but Google also offers templates for the most popular forms including surveys, questionnaires and contact forms. Plus there's an easy to use editor, reliable data storage, presentation and analysis. NEW - October 2016
• New Chevron & Arrow SmartShape NEW - November 2016

Other Enhancements:
• Styles updated in blank templates in File > New (eg adding 'Keep with Next' to heading styles of print templates) NEW - November 2016
• Option to keep Content Catalog open after selecting an item NEW - November 2016
• Improved Word import and export UPDATED - November 2016
• Improved PDF import UPDATED - November 2016