Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Default Re: How do you feel about the 365 Program?

Ernie, your argument about the colors makes no sense. Every monitor displays colors differently and even if you think you got the correct one displayed on your screen, it still will print differently at the printers. There is no technology in 2017 that assures what you see is what you get on paper, so it is not xara's fault. Xara has been my first and only program for the past 20 years of professional work and it has not let me down. Even acrobat pro does not guarantee an exact match.

Ernie's post is 100% correct.

Yes, monitors can/do display differently. Even calibrated monitors. And calibration needs to be done periodically. Even the light in a room affects color on both calibrated and non-calibrated monitors. And yep, the next step in the print chain--the print service--is responsible for then using calibrated equipment. Something that cheap print establishments generally do not have and so it is in part a crap shoot using them.

But that is all beside the point I and Ernie made. Xara products, being non-color managed applications, cannot and do not display color in an accurate manner. Which is why I also use color books if there is a need and/or use known values. And I do get accurate color. It just isn't intuitive nor something one doesn't need to think about if color is important. Ernie's example (50,50,0,0) is a mild example of the differences between having the so-called Print colors option turned on.

The only means of obtaining on-screen accurate color is using a color managed application. Which would you rather trust using Ernie's color example?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-001009.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	117050

I know which I would trust for an on-screen representation. Now, that all said, the color from CorelDraw and XDP is the same in Acrobat as long as the same output conditions occur:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-001010.png 
Views:	90 
Size:	6.0 KB 
ID:	117051

However, one wouldn't know that without opening the resulting PDF(s) in a color managed application such as Acrobat or Reader (but preferably Acrobat).

Mike

@behzad: Please think about Your answer. If You are still this meaning, do You have not unserstand what colormanagement is and how it works.
    @ mike: I agree with You. That's why I wrote in my post „calibrated equipment“. I got it and I use it.

BTW I'm 30 years in printbussines and owned until my sicknes in 2008 a printing house with ca. 50 employees. Now I'm only do grafik design and prepare data for commercial Offsetprinting.

I purchased designer pro x365 at 17april2017. But I can not download busines online templates (GREY). Xara support can't help, they are stalling me things like, firewall, antivirus, connnection problem. etc. My Business is stopped. how can I download newsletter under Print section
    any buisness templates offline content pack?

Edit: Fixed. i don't know how. i was again download content downloader and panorama. install again and fixed.

I guess I don't know how the updates are supposed to work. I see from the release page on Xara that there were some updates in March of this year. I do an update from the program but nothing happens. I am still at ver 12.4. Am I missing something?
    Joe

Joe, your profile only lists "Pro X" as your Xara software. What is the full title an version of the software you're using?

For example under Help/About Xara my version is Xara Designer Pro X 12.6.1.49367 DL x64 Apr 5 2017
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg. Mine says Xara Designer Pro X 12.4.1.47518 DL x64 Nov 17 2016
    Joe

Then try Help/Check for Updates.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I did that first and the little wheel spun and then went away and didn't do anything. So I went to the Xara site and downloaded the program again, reinstalled and now I am at Xara Designer Pro X 12.6.1.49367 DL x64 Apr 11 2017 so I guess all is well in my little world for now. Thanks.
    Joe

Wandered a bit off-topic but glad you sorted it.
    Egg