Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Commission Semi-Comps

Thanks Tim,
    It's just a current project. Not finished.

Quote Originally Posted by TimS View Post
    Hi Ron,
    Lovely image! May I be so bold as to suggest that the "mountains"? on the other side of the wall don't work for me. I would think they would be out of focus and if the white is snow it wouldn't look like that. I think this lovely moody image would be stronger if the mountains were further away and soft or removed all together.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Duke View Post
    Current project, entitled "A Night To Remember"...
    Love it Ron. Gonna be awesome when finished.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny O'Rorke View Post
    A last minute Valentine card, tweaked from an old design. Now I have to add text and print it by this evening!
    Love it Penny.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by hseiken View Post
    Thought you guys would enjoy some work I'm currently in the middle of for a local restaurant. These aren't the final designs but are part of the process discovery and all that, going back and forth with the client and trying to nail down what it is exactly they're looking for. It's not always the most fun journey, but I have to say, even though my normal 'style' involves very little anime, much less CHIBI characters, it's been fun putting these together!

Attachment 116201Attachment 116202Attachment 116200

Technical details:

Started with ballpoint sketches of poses and shapes to work with, then just did the ol' line tool till stuff started to work, then used solid shapes behind the lines for coloring. We're still in progress, but I thought some would find it interesting to see the mascot progress towards it's final form of super saiyan (joke!)
    Looks like a fun project hseiken.

hseiken
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Older image but appropriate for today. All vector all Designer Pro.
    Sorry Gary I can no longer get the stereograms to work for me, bet it looks nice though.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Default Re: Stop and Post February 2017

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    @ Bob I like the outer space image it reminds of a kind of 1950's Buck Rodgers kind of look.

Here is a Valentine I've been working on for my husband. There is a blank area for a personal message which I have left stripped out for this post.
    Beautiful card Frances. Like Egg i also am curious about the gold dust, great effect.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

As I replied to Egg, the gold dust is a photo that was a free download from Creative Market. Everything else is Xara drawn though. The rose was done with a set of brushes that I made.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I thought I'd post a better quality picture of this month's first post from me, so you can see it in all its glory(!)
    I have also attached the .xar file in case you want to make your own wallpaper at your own screen's resolution.
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	retrorocket.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	116357  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Im make it just for fun, drawn with markers, take photo by mobile, photoedit in Gimp and colouring in Xara. Im still suprised how quick I can do this
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WELEAWA 2.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	121248

Another piece making, home made wine for wedding label
    Drawn with marker and paper then scaned and fully vectorize in Xara only leafs are bitmap and I not do it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Etykieta.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	121249