Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Stop and Post February 2017

Standing in For Bob again as he gets his technical difficulties sorted out. What ever you are working on whether finished or work in progress you are invited to Stop and Post!

To start things off here is an ad I just did for a client.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	declutterad.png 
Views:	242 
Size:	122.8 KB 
ID:	116096  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Stop and Post February 2017

That's very professional, Frances.

Just to let you know, I'm back in business again now. Thanks to Steve (handrawn) I was able to fix the problems, which were caused by using the old TG skin, so somebody must have altered some settings recently which seems to have only affected those using the old skin. Worth bearing in mind if anyone else runs into a similar problem. Thank goodness that I didn't format my new hard drive, which is working perfectly. I would have been a bit cheesed off!
    I'll post again later this afternoon just to make sure all is still well. Thanks to everyone else who chipped in with suggestions.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

So, come on guys and gals, what have you all been up to lately?

I've been working a lot lately with XP&GD in conjunction with Illustrator and Astute Graphics Plugins. Attached is something that was drawn in Xara, with the halftones added using the Phantasm plugin and the ColliderScribe plugin for Illustrator, which made the starfield, which comprises an asterisk, turned into a symbol and then used the Space Fill tool (part of Colliderscribe) to work its magic. It's now my current desktop wallpaper.

Bob.

Name:	retrorocket.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	116130  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Not work or anything, just experimenting with the new photo filter presets. Here I've applied the sparkle overlay, to add a bit of interest to this book cover mockup. The preset filters and textures can be quite subtle, perhaps too subtle when applied to small images, but I've found it's possible to ungroup them to resize and tweak them as desired. The title font is Alphabet Soup BT.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fantastic-brighton-book-cover.png 
Views:	253 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	116171
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Thanks for posting, Jono. It could be my (failing) eyes, or it could be the size of the .png, but the sparkle is too subtle for me to see.
    I like the use of Alphabet Soup for the informal quality it gives your design. I like Brighton, too - what's not to like!?
    Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    Thanks for posting, Jono. It could be my (failing) eyes, or it could be the size of the .png, but the sparkle is too subtle for me to see.
    I like the use of Alphabet Soup for the informal quality it gives your design. I like Brighton, too - what's not to like!?
    Bob.
    Thanks Bob - your eyes aren't failing you. In haste I posted up the wrong file which looks like it breaks a design rule about contrast, ie if two elements are only slightly different you don't have contrast you have conflict. In this case the sparkles just look like faint smudges!

Here's a more contrasty version using the droplets overlay (we've had cold rain and sleet on and off all day here!)

Name:	brighton-in-the-rain.png 
Views:	208 
Size:	197.1 KB 
ID:	116176
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hey jono, interesting use of a texture preset. Nice to see one in use.

@ Bob I like the outer space image it reminds of a kind of 1950's Buck Rodgers kind of look.

Here is a Valentine I've been working on for my husband. There is a blank area for a personal message which I have left stripped out for this post.

Name:	Valentines2017.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	116186  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Great compositon Frances. Did you use a brush for the 'sprinkles'?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Commission Semi-Comps

Thought you guys would enjoy some work I'm currently in the middle of for a local restaurant. These aren't the final designs but are part of the process discovery and all that, going back and forth with the client and trying to nail down what it is exactly they're looking for. It's not always the most fun journey, but I have to say, even though my normal 'style' involves very little anime, much less CHIBI characters, it's been fun putting these together!

Name:	semicomp1.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	116201Click image for larger version. 

Name:	semicomp2.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	116202Click image for larger version. 

Name:	semicomp3.jpg 
Views:	336 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	116200

Technical details:

Started with ballpoint sketches of poses and shapes to work with, then just did the ol' line tool till stuff started to work, then used solid shapes behind the lines for coloring. We're still in progress, but I thought some would find it interesting to see the mascot progress towards it's final form of super saiyan (joke!)
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com

Default Re: Commission Semi-Comps

Older image but appropriate for today. All vector all Designer Pro.

@hseiken I moved your post to this thread where it is more appropriate.

Name:	Two Hearts.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	181.5 KB 
ID:	116211