Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Greetings all,

I have been playing around with the screen saver option of V5. What I found was that what you see is not what you get when using a imported background picture, and exporting it as a screen saver file.

I imported a background picture (PNG format). Resized the window in V5 to fit around this pictue. Exported it as a screen saver and when I looked at it in pre-view of screen save (windows) it had tiled on me.

To get around this problem I just added a very large "boarder" around my picture. I then centered the picture in this "boarder".

However, again what you see is not what you get in V5. Upon loading up this re-worked background picture, I created the animation I wanted and exported it. Next in the windows' screen saver preview the background was off set from center, as well as the animation. It took going back and forth between V5, (adjusting the ani. and background picture's position here) and the screen saver preview a few time before I was able you center everything as I wanted.

Next. After creating a screen saver file (V5-scr.) I noticed that all of my WordPad files' and all of my .dll files' icons had change to the 3D icon.

I'm not sure why the re-sizing of the window in V5 to fit the orginal picture did not prevent the tiling in the first screen saver file. Perhaps this is not a glitch, but rather a limitation of V5.

As I have stated before I work with fuzzy stuff and dirt, (own a commercail carpet cleaning company)and as such my knowledge in this area is quite limited. So someone enlighted me as to why I had this problem, and if there is a "correct" way to make it do-able.

As far as the icons changing that is a glitch.

Much thanks,
    Old

Was a lone wolf... Met the »ÂRF«. Now when
    the game is done I stand alone no longer.

http://www.arf-platoon.org/Rayeimages/2.png

Greetings all,

I have been playing around with the screen saver option of V5. What I found was that what you see is not what you get when using a imported background picture, and exporting it as a screen saver file.

I imported a background picture (PNG format). Resized the window in V5 to fit around this pictue. Exported it as a screen saver and when I looked at it in pre-view of screen save (windows) it had tiled on me.

To get around this problem I just added a very large "boarder" around my picture. I then centered the picture in this "boarder".

However, again what you see is not what you get in V5. Upon loading up this re-worked background picture, I created the animation I wanted and exported it. Next in the windows' screen saver preview the background was off set from center, as well as the animation. It took going back and forth between V5, (adjusting the ani. and background picture's position here) and the screen saver preview a few time before I was able you center everything as I wanted.

Next. After creating a screen saver file (V5-scr.) I noticed that all of my WordPad files' and all of my .dll files' icons had change to the 3D icon.

I'm not sure why the re-sizing of the window in V5 to fit the orginal picture did not prevent the tiling in the first screen saver file. Perhaps this is not a glitch, but rather a limitation of V5.

As I have stated before I work with fuzzy stuff and dirt, (own a commercail carpet cleaning company)and as such my knowledge in this area is quite limited. So someone enlighted me as to why I had this problem, and if there is a "correct" way to make it do-able.

As far as the icons changing that is a glitch.

Much thanks,
    Old

I'm not quite sure of the problems that your encountering. Would it be possible to post a screen grab? You can do this by hitting the "Print Screen" button and pastinging it into XaraX then exporting it as a .gif or .jpg
    Regards
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg,

I have Mini Cap. It allows you to just hit the print screen every 1 second and saves the pixs in a folder of your choice. This way you don't have to stop between shots. By way it is a free program. If you or anyone would like to have just yell and I will post a download link for it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I will try to recreate the problem. Once I re-booted all of my folder icons returned to normal.

Thank you for your reply.
    Old