Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default scrolling text banners over different images

I want to create my property site like this one: www.weddingsnapper.com.au
    I've tried everything but can't seem to replicate the text boxes reveal a new static image when the site is scrolling.
    Any ideas anyone?

Cheers Mike

Default Re: scrolling text banners over different images

Look for Animation / Reveal/Scroll / Scroll Animation Mike.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg, is it scroll animation or perhaps parallax?

Ciao

Roly

Sorry Roly, it's Scroll Animation / Parallax me thinks.

Not a great lover of these parallax web sites, just a fad. Everyones doing it now.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Roly & Egg but I can't get the same effect as the site I referenced using parallax, I'd already tried. What the site does is provide a different static image ubder the scrolling banners, I'm flumoxed!!

Hi Michael, attached you will find a sample of a parallax site done by someone on TG (cannot remember who) many months ago that you might like. There are some instructions on the top left of the worksheet as to how to change the pictures with your own. Let me know what you think.

Ciao

Roly
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Mike, if you want it like it is on the PRAISE page, you can do this without parallax, add a picture to the pasteboard background and set it to fixed. This way your text and rectangles will flow over the picture, see attachment. Dont know yet how to attach more than one picture to the pasteboard. Let us know if this works.

Ciao

Roly
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have had luck with making text boxes as an image like a gif or another animation tool like gimp or even with the microsoft office programs like powerpoint for an image. If i cant quite get the Buttons or boxes the way I want with Web designer I use other tools like i mentioned and then import them. This works very well but make sure you build them in the correct sizes you want before you import them. Then use the Web Designer options to set the image to open up what you want text, sites pages ect.

Side note Page layout and design 11 is great as well has Xara Designer Pro 10 and higher if you can afford the price. You can find extremely cheap Xara Designer Pro 10 on amazon/ebay if you cant buy directly from XARA

Hi roly, this is exactly what I'm looking for. Unfortunately following the instructions doesn't change the picture.
    When I click the red icon then shift, ctr, alt d at the same time nothing happens, so I tried adding extra images by copying and pasting the red icon and image, changing the reference in the head section of the placeholder then replaceing existing image with same named image as in the head code. Nothing just the existing copied picture. I hope I'm not going mad!!

Anything obvious I'm doing wrong do you think roly.

Thanks Mike

Hi Mike, although I kept the link I had never used it (I am not a parallax supporter, just curiosity) . I will give it a try later on today and perhaps some other TG'ers can make sense of the instructions and explain.

Ciao

Roly