Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Subfolders and blogs

I posted some time ago about blogs.I understand the xara program is not designed for this application. I have read you can add a blog by embedding a website , but would prefer to do differently. I have read some posts that say you can add a sub folder and publish this way ( tell me if i am wrong ) . If this is possible can any one give give instructions on how to do this and where to create the blog, how to publish to sub folder and have it appear on your website ( dummies instructions please ) , as i have never worked with publishing via a subfolder or blogs before . Thanks in advance

Default Re: Subfolders and blogs

There are many web based blog programs, Google Blogger is one of many.

I would create your blog on say Blogger then link to the blog from your site and have a link back to your site on Blogger.

Keep it simple.

Thanks gwpriester , i had thought of this , but was hoping there was a way so that people would stay on your website rather than navigating away from it , also heard there was many seo benefits from having it your website, but at this stage your suggestion sounds the easiest

Bindi,

Take a look at this thread where I asked the same type of question. On post #3, Egg posted a link that maybe what you are looking for.

https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...eme-for-a-Blog

Ray

I'd stick with iFrames personally. That way there's no need to match themes between the Xara site & the Blog. Just keep the Blog site simple. There's nothing to be lost or gained by using iFrames SEO wise as far as I can tell. Persumably your site (on it's server or location) & your blog (on it's server or location) will be parsed by Google etc. so search engines will be aware of the content of both. Ensure you have a link to your website on your blog or even at the bottom of every blog. Then if a visitor comes to your site via a SE link the Blog is also on there. If a visitor comes to your Blog via a se link you'll have links to your site.

Here's a link to a demo (I don't do blogs, this is just an example made in Blogger). I think it's a good idea try to avoid having two scrollbars (iFrame & Page) so I'd keep this page fairly short to avoid this.

DEMO
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg , sorry about the late response , i looked at your demo and it looks great . Sorry if these questions sound a bit silly , but some guidance on this would be great , as i have never done this before. I noticed the link for the blog was in your navigation bar . Can you create a link to an external website in your navigation bar ? How did you insert blog by iframe ( instructions please ) or did you embed a website . I looked at embed option but this has that extra scroll bar ,the option in your demo looks so much cleaner. Thanks

Hi Egg , did some searching and worked it out . I inserted square on page and inserted this in the body code <iframe src ="URL of the website you want to embed" width="100%" height="300"> , played with the height and it appeared ok. I was then able to create a link in the navigation bar to blog page. I did this on a test design and all appeared ok . Happy Days . Thanks for your demo . Please tell me though if i have appeared to miss something.

Hi Bindi,

Really glad you've managed to work it out yourself, always better than following instructions. I don't think you've missed anything but if you have problems in the future, please post again. I'm not into blogging but using Blogger seems quite straight forward.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host