Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi Guys just testing a project in netscape and the preloader just loops without some of the movie clips it contains, so it never gets to play the movie the preloader is based on the advanced preloader tutorial at flash kit. evrything works in test movie and in explorer, am i missing some basic steps concerning how navigator plays .swf's
    any help greatly appreciated, dave [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] skydiveadventure@clear.net.nz
    IP

Hi Guys just testing a project in netscape and the preloader just loops without some of the movie clips it contains, so it never gets to play the movie the preloader is based on the advanced preloader tutorial at flash kit. evrything works in test movie and in explorer, am i missing some basic steps concerning how navigator plays .swf's
    any help greatly appreciated, dave [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] skydiveadventure@clear.net.nz
    IP

There shouldn't be any real difference - did you make sure that you had the latest plug-in? Try checking your plug-in version, and/or reinstalling the plug-in, and see if that fixes it. If not, come back and let us know more about your problem and perhaps we can help you figure it out.

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    <font face="arial" size="2">
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    Senior Web Designer
    http://www.blab.com
    </font>
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    CTO
    9 Story Entertainment
    http://www.9story.com
    IP

Hi Deep SORRY ABOUT THE DELAY BUT HAVE BEEN OUT OF TOWN try'd the plugins thingy but no joy the code for the first 2 frames are as follows it may be some thing silly thaqt im over looking tanks dave frame 1
    set (ver=eval("$version"), "");
    if (ver.substring(4, 5)>=4) {
    gotoAndPlay (2);
    } else {
    gotoAndPlay ("end");
    }

frame 2
    loadVariablesNum ("SkydiveNelson byte.dat", 0);

frame3
    if (Number(_level0:bytedata_loaded) == Number(true)) {
    if (Number(_totalframes)<>Number(_level0:frame_total) ) {
    error = "wrong byte-datafile!";
    stop ();
    }
    while (Number(x)<=Number_(_level0:frame_total)) {
    ins_bytes = ins_bytes+eval("_level0:" add x);
    x = Number(x)+1;
    }
    ins_bytes_show = ins_bytes add " bytes";
    gotoAndPlay (5);
    }

frame4
    gotoAndPlay (3);

frame5
    time_by_show = int(getTimer()/1000) add " seconds";
    percentloaded1 = int((100/_totalframes)*_framesloaded);
    percentloaded = percentloaded1 add " % loaded";
    tellTarget ("/loader") {
    gotoAndStop (_level0ercentloaded1);
    }
    bytes_loaded = "";
    y = 1;
    while (Number(y)<=Number_(_framesloaded)) {
    bytes_loaded = bytes_loaded+eval("_level0:" add y);
    y = Number(y)+1;
    }
    bytes_loaded_show = bytes_loaded add " bytes loaded";
    ifFrameLoaded (_totalframes) {
    gotoAndStop (7);
    }
    frame6
    gotoAndPlay (5);

frame7
    play ();
    IP

If you are having problems in playing a movie in Netscape but not in IE try reinstalling Flash plug-in. This solved the problem for me couple of times.
    IP

Thanks aduly, i have tried that, i have just installed netscappe v6.01 and the movie plays fine, but there seems to be lots of other issues like dissapearing java rollovers and stuff must be my install?
    IP

You don't have to worry about that because there is nothing you can do.
    First of all you have to remember that NS 6 has very little in common with NS 4 -these are two completely different browsers.
    NS 6 is still in its beta stage (after more then a year) and apparently AOL or other current owner doesn't have money to invest in this piece of junk.

I have the same problem with NS 6. On many pages rollovers are rendered inconsistently, i.e. sometimes they do , sometimes they don't. Sometimes instead of the image I get part of the browser toolbar (how about that?).
    I use IE 5.5, both version of Netscape, Opera and Web TV to check my pages in but most of the fun I have with Netscape 6 (sorry, Web TV is the worst).
    So don't be surprised with NS 6 it's probably not your code but the software itself.

Alex.
    IP

try changing "SkydiveNelson byte.dat" to "SkydiveNelson%20byte.dat" netscape doesn't like spaces in file names. if that doesn't work, send me the fla and i'll see what i can do to figure out where your problem is.

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    <font face="arial" size="2">
    Senior Web Designer
    http://www.blab.com
    </font>
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    CTO
    9 Story Entertainment
    http://www.9story.com
    IP

Thanks guys for all your help, Ajuly thaks for the browser info im glad its not just me.
    Deep i will try your suggestion with the file name and see what happens,and i will get back to you asap sorry about the delay in responding we have been busy with end of year tax.
    On a slightly different tack when i tested the movie live on line from a friends computer it crashed the machine during loading? maybe i should send you the .fla just incase, it has worked fine on all other ive tested it on, regards Dave.
    IP