Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Need some help! Adding A Forum to site

I want to make my own forum without using an outside hosting service, I want to host it on my site (if possible) or use my own computer has the host server. Can anyone explain how to:

1. How can I do this? if possible
    2. What tool or programs will i need to help me with this?
    3. Offer and advice on other ways to do this?

I need advice that is not expensive and as cost effective as possible because I am on a fix income. Thank you for any help/advice you can offer!!!

Default Re: Need some help! Adding A Forum to site

I would use a third party solution like Google Blogger or something like Website Toolbox. These are turnkey solutions vs building it from scratch which is not possible in Web Designer. You can link to the forum from our site and link back to your site from the forum. This came up just a few days ago and there were some suggestions for how to integrate the forum in your site.

I guess the real question is does Web Designer hosting support PHP and phpBB to build it from scratch?

Not that I am aware of.

From http://www.xara.com/uk/hosting/xara-online/

* Xara Online web hosting only supports the delivery of static content. Data which must be interpreted in order to be correctly displayed (such as .php, .asp etc) or has to be edited by programmers at the server end, is not supported (except for JavaScript). In these cases data will be displayed or prepared via HTTP 'as is'. In addition, no databases are supported (MySQL, Access etc).
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thank you all for the help you have been a great help to me!!