Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 1 page out of 6 not centered when publishing

Good day,

Have a 6 page site just finished. For some reason, I know not why, one of my pages are off to the left.
    How can I center the page?

need to get this site up and running. may need to publish until I can fix.

Default Re: 1 page out of 6 not centered when publishing

Can you post a link? Or attach the problem page so we can take a look?

If the page totally off center or just a jot? Pages that run deeper than the visible screen area enable a scroll bar in the browser. If the page fits on the visible screen then there is no scroll bar. Having some pages long and some that fit in the browser causes a page to shift when navigating through the site. Is this what is happening?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Can you post a link? Or attach the problem page so we can take a look?

If the page totally off center or just a jot? Pages that run deeper than the visible screen area enable a scroll bar in the browser. If the page fits on the visible screen then there is no scroll bar. Having some pages long and some that fit in the browser causes a page to shift when navigating through the site. Is this what is happening?
    First Thank You for responding.

here is the website www.silverkingdomfestival.com

Had to put it up, yes I still have work to do, just needed to get the info up. The problem is the about page.

Thank You
    Last edited by gwpriester; 01 February 2017 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Fixed link

Hi Phinnvolt,

It looks like your page is centre but is 1200px wide, whilst your content is 1500px wide. Do you see this inside Xara? If not can you upload a file so we can see it and advise further.

Thanks,
    Ben

[QUOTE=Ben.Moses;568599]Hi Phinnvolt,

It looks like your page is centre but is 1200px wide, whilst your content is 1500px wide. Do you see this inside Xara? If not can you upload a file so we can see it and advise further.

Thanks,
    Ben[/QUOTE

In the program the page is the same as the others. set to 1500px. with 800px margin. For some reason I know not why,
    the about page goes off to the right when previewing or publishing the site.

Thanks

Phinn

P.S. What file would I upload? and how

Your xar file Phinnvolt. Click Reply to Thread Go and scroll down the page. Hit Manage Attachments. Hit Add File / Select Files. Browse to your xar, select it and hit a Upload File and then Upload File. Post.

Another way, if your xar is to large is to use Drobox sharing and supply the url to your post.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

You seem to have move the entire page 74.5px to the right.
    I suspect at some point you unlocked the page background and then moved it and all content that amount.

To recover, unlock the page background and other layers and Select All.

Check the X co-ord value and replace it with that less 74.5px.
    Lock the page background.

Export all pages locally and check it this has fixed the problem.

The ABOUT US page is 1200px wide; all others are 1500px.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Or right click on the page and select page options, make sure the width is set to 1500.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Quote Originally Posted by Christine Farrelly View Post
    Or right click on the page and select page options, make sure the width is set to 1500.
    The rectangle that is on the Background layer has been displaced. I don't think just changing the width will reset it.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

If the page width has been changed you would still need to change it to 1500.

I just checked this out and adjusting the page width adjusts the rectangle automatically, even when the background is locked.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365