Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can Xara create elearning (online courses) with features similarly to WPCourseware?

Hi,

I intend to create an elearning website, initially having around 30 video courses to show off video. I would need to sell/charge for courses, control subscription, manage students, provide support via inbuilt forums.

I took a look in the plugin WPCourseware for Word Press, which seems to offer all features I need: https://flyplugins.com/wp-courseware/?fly=3

However, since I've been using Xara to graphics, I would like to see in which extent it could attend my needs to create BASIC elearning website. So far I've never touched in Xara website functionality.

Can Xara create elearning (online courses) with features similarly to WPCourseware?

Overall, which functionalities Xara provide to support website development of elearning (online courses)?

Thanks for info!
    Carlos

Default Re: Can Xara create elearning (online courses) with features similarly to WPCoursewar

WP Courseware allows you to turn your WordPress content into a complete course with student management, progress tracking, quizzes, completion certificates, and much, much more!
    Almost none of these. Xara would have to link to a back-end somehow and this won't happen.
    You can use WP and embed it into a Xara-designed site.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Can Xara create elearning (online courses) with features similarly to WPCoursewar

Thanks for feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Almost none of these. Xara would have to link to a back-end somehow and this won't happen.
    You can use WP and embed it into a Xara-designed site.
    Acorn
    Since Xara can't provide the core functionality and I should go with WP, what is the advantage of embed it into a Xara-designed site? Wouldn't it be easier to manage everything in WP environment, not involving Xara in the process?