Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Filter Forge 6.0

I have seen a few different threads on the forums regarding the newest version of FF and I have upgraded to it myself. FF 6 does work as a plugin with Xara programs but you have to point your Xara program to the right location. Filter Forge comes with two versions a 64 bit and a 32 bit version. You need to be sure you are pointing Xara to the 32 bit program, because even though Xara is fully 64 bit and Filter Forge is fully 64 bit Xara can only use 32 bit plug ins!

So to set up the plug in you need to click the set up but on the FX tool infobar and this will load the plugins and effects tab of the options panel. now click set up on this tab and a new dialogue box appears in this box you will see a list of all the plugins you have added and a set of buttons on the right. Make sure "Enable host specific plugins is checked and then click add folder. In the next box that comes up navigate to your program files and find Filter Forge 6 and inside the Filter Forge 6 folder select the plugin folder. Note: just select it, don't open it. Click Ok on each of the boxes and tabs that are open, and you should be good to go.

There are a couple things to be wary of:

1. the problem that Xara will crash upon re-rendering the effect if you don't lock the effect still exists. Always lock your FF effects!
    2. Because Xara uses the legacy 32bit version there is no gain in speed with V6 Although I must say there has been a great increase in speed when using the 64bit standalone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

Default Re: Filter Forge 6.0

Thank you Frances for the update. The 64 bit version works great on a stand alone basis but I will give this a try when time permits.

Ciao

Roly
    IP

Thank you for the information Frances.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

How do you get the 32 bit version? I don't see option on the website to choose 32 or 64 bit versions. It just downloads the 64 bit version.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer
    IP

Is anyone able to replicate Angelize's ability to use FF 6 and XDP X? I have followed her instructions, even trying other plugin folder definitions and I can't get FF to show up in Live FX within XDP X. I am able to get my old standby of Flaming Pear's Super Blade Pro to show up, so I know Plugins are working. It isn't a show stopper since I can go over to Corel PhotoPaint and create some effects and import them, but I would prefer not having to do that.
    IP