Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Exporting as PDF causing crash

Photo & Graphic Designer (v12) on Windows 10.

Anyone else having problems exporting PDFs severe enough to cause a crash report to be triggered?

It's a bit gutting when you've spent time working on something only to fall at the last fence when your in a rush.

Edit: I'm sorry I can't post the .xar file here for testing purposes as it contains a commercial concept. Fortunately I have still had XPGD v11 installed and was able to export as a PDF from there. Although I did receive several Javascript errors after pressing the 'Export' button, possibly caused by a SmartShape object I had originally imported into XPGD (v12) from XWDP (v12).
    Last edited by Jonopen; 26 January 2017 at 06:38 AM.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Default Re: Exporting as PDF causing crash

Hi Jono. I've not had any problems. Perhaps you could attach your xar file so we can test it?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

The only times that I have had a crash is when there are stray artifacts on/off the page. Try selecting all with rectangle placed in the background and do a "ClipView" and see if that exports without crash. I am really talking about legacy versions of the software here and not the current so please try this solution as it should work.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    The only times that I have had a crash is when there are stray artifacts on/off the page. Try selecting all with rectangle placed in the background and do a "ClipView" and see if that exports without crash. I am really talking about legacy versions of the software here and not the current so please try this solution as it should work.
    Thanks for reply. I've just tried what you've suggested but unfortunately still get the same result (serious error).

I have however now narrowed things down to a specific page, which I've tried copying the contents to a new clean page but the problem still persists with the new page.

If/when I get time, I'll remove each item one at a time to see if I can fix/identify it that way. The only problem doing that is following the error, the option to export is disabled (greyed out) so I have close and start again after each try. Meanwhile I've sent off a couple of crash reports to Xara to see if anything comes from that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	serious-error-exporting-pdf.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	116034

Can you attach the problem file here Jono?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg, I'll see if I can trim out the sensitive part (and still get it to crash) then post it here.