Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default change and edit a theme/template

Hi, I'm new to this Xara webdesign, I have just bought Xara Web Designer Premium, Just a couple of questions.

If these have been answered in a previous thread, please don't slate me but can you point me to place, I have just spent an hour looking.

What's difference between a theme and a template?

I have started a little project website, downloaded one of the free templates, can I change this template or do I have to start over?

How can I create/edit my own template?

Any constructive advice greatly appreciated.

Sid

Default Re: change and edit a theme/template

Welcome to TalkGraphics Sid

I think website/themes are different pre-built pages and page elements. And yes you can modify and changes these any way you wish.

Each of these has a set of theme colors which are shown to the left of the screen palette. You can edit any of the theme colors in the color editor (click the small color wheel icon next to the screen palette) and the theme color will change to your new color throughout the document.

Web Designer is WYSIWYG and you can create your own pages and websites. These can be saved as sites.

If you want to build something like a master page and save this for future use, go to File > Save Template. Name your new template and it will be available from File > New...

Hope this helps