Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Titles and Captions for Photos in Photo Gallery Widget

Would like to be able to add titles and captions to photos using the gallery widgets portrait/landscape/3/5/8 col. I've found a workaround on here (https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...gallery-widget) which seems to be breaking the gallery into individual objects and then defining the caption on each photo. This doesn't seem to lend itself to as easy maintenance as the widget (eg. quickly or easily adding more photos).

I've tried everything I can think of to get titles and/or captions and can't seem to do it.

Default Re: Titles and Captions for Photos in Photo Gallery Widget

These can be any size or color you choose

NOTE: changing to a vertical mode could require a bit of fussing.
    However you can enlarge either one or change the proportions, font, font size and rectangle
    colors to whatever you wish.

The colored one just shows that it works,but it is usableand editable as it is.
    If you don’t like the deckle edge or shadow you do not need to use them, simply ungroup and
    delete the deckle shape.

The text on and the light gray rectangle are grouped so you need not do anything other than fill with your photo.

Save the finished document (xar) to somewhere you can get to it as needed, such as a Xara template folder
    anywhere you would like to keep them.

see attached xar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo template (2).jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	116021

Photo template.xar
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

This is not a template as such but I believe it will do what you require.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Sweet solution Larry
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg. I just hope it is useful.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Thanks but this is similar to the other workaround which is very labor intensive. It also doesn't lend to using thumbnails which expand to a larger photo for larger photo albums.

The nice things about the Xara gallery widgets are that they allow me to drag in a large group of photos from a vacation or such and it automatically creates a thumbnail gallery. When the photos are clicked on, it displays a larger format picture. The downside, which I would like to resolve, is to be able to describe the photos with titles and captions.

There is the Xara Slideshow widget which has titles and captions but doesn't have thumbnail previews so you are forced to walk through all the photos. It's also based off of using Xara's online web resources which makes your website dependent on Xara whereas the galleries are all self contained.

As a sample of what I mean... this would be the thumbnails and I've added 'titles' for the pictures to the thumbnails.

Name:	Thumbnail Sample.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	116052

When the pics are clicked on, it would show the pic with the optional caption.

Name:	Expanded Photo.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	116053