Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Cloning of objects malfunction

When moving or resizing or arranging or ... anything to do with any object on any page, it clones and I can't seem to turn this off. Not sure what I did to make it happen. I have restarted the computer and will now uninstall and reinstall WD11 and see if that fixes the problem. Any advice anyone?

Default Re: Cloning of objects malfunction

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I am not sure if this is what is happening but what happens if in Page Options > General you uncheck Give New Objects Most Recent Attributes?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	page options.png 
Views:	157 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	116007  

Hi kde, welcome.

Are you sure your not droping a copy?

Drop copy

During a move (and while still holding the left mouse button down) click the right mouse button or press + on the numeric keypad to drop a copy of the object. The original object doesn't move. You can do this as many times as you wish to create a series of duplicated objects.

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I've had this happen to me in the past. Are you using a Wacom graphics tablet? If you are check for the latest drivers. To clear the problem sometimes it was just a case of right and left clicking a few times on a blank area of the Windows desktop.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022