Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default saw blade with a transparent background

Hi Barry, go to online catalog/stock illustrations and search for saw blade

Ciao

Roly

Default saw blade with a transparent background

Hi All
    Don`t know where to start on this one. I was thinking about adding a sawblade image over the top of my world section
    on my main logo. How would I go about making or finding a saw blade with a transparent background? None seem available
    from a web search. All seem to have a background. I vaguely remember that there maybe a program that can remove a
    backgorund but am not certain.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WoodSolutionsLogo.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	116006

Default Re: saw blade with a transparent background

Xara will remove backgrounds

The way I would go about this is to do a Google image search for 'saw blade png'. From inside my head I don't remember what a saw blade looks like to reproduce a drawing of one (Or the Hoover Dam or the HMS Hood for sake of argument) but do an image search to give you a point of reference.

This comes up with a lot of images, mainly circular. Copy the image and place it over your own logo. This will give you an idea to work from. From there I would draw my own circular saw using the imported image as a reference. Remember most images from the internet are copyright.

Here's a quick idea I came up with. Please don't reproduce it 'as is' just use it as a template for your own saw image.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: saw blade with a transparent background

Hi All
    Thanks for the help Egg Bramhill

Well, the problem is resolved. I purchase an image of a sawblade with a white background. Then downloaded Paint.net. A free program that can
    remove the background. Maybe 2 steps to convert. Then save as a gif.
    Now if I could upload to the xara servers I could show you the results. Yesterday the servers were working