Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default What determines the sorting order of images on a page

I'm doing a website with a gallery of images. No widgets, just images placed on a grid and a pop-up displays a zoomed when clicked on.
    The zoomed image controls allow you to click "next" and "previous" but they don't display in the order as shown on the page.
    If ImageG is next to ImageA, how to I ensure that is the same order when clicking the next and previous buttons?
    After all this time I thought I knew this stuff.
    I was wrong.
    Any help gratefully received.

PS. I have three variants of the website and the order isn't necessarily the same in each variant.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Default Re: What determines the sorting order of images on a page

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    I'm doing a website with a gallery of images. No widgets, just images placed on a grid and a pop-up displays a zoomed when clicked on.
    The zoomed image controls allow you to click "next" and "previous" but they don't display in the order as shown on the page.
    If ImageG is next to ImageA, how to I ensure that is the same order when clicking the next and previous buttons?
    After all this time I thought I knew this stuff.
    I was wrong.
    Any help gratefully received.

PS. I have three variants of the website and the order isn't necessarily the same in each variant.
    BF, you need to ensure the order in the Page and Layout gallery for each Variant for your image collection. Put all the images together so they are consecutive in the tree structure and then put Image A over image B over Image...

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: What determines the sorting order of images on a page

[post deleted]
    Never mind, I'm an idiot.

Many thanks for the extremely helpful tip Acorn!
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.