Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to add a Counter script from a third party to a page in Designer Pro 10

I lost my files for ON30.ca and am rebuilding from scratch. I want to add the Counter app I had before but can't figure out how to do it. If I could access the code it would be easy but for once WYSIWYG is a pain in the ---.

Default Re: How to add a Counter script from a third party to a page in Designer Pro 10

Do you mean one of those Number of Visits counters?

I think you are better off with Google Analytics. It is invisible to the visitor and gives you a lot more information. And it is free.

Default Re: How to add a Counter script from a third party to a page in Designer Pro 10

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Do you mean one of those Number of Visits counters?

I think you are better off with Google Analytics. It is invisible to the visitor and gives you a lot more information. And it is free.
    Thanks Gary, looks good except I followed the installation drill a few days ago and still no joy, all zeros in the report.
    I posted a follow up to that problem with google but still nada.
    Any clues to where I may have screwed up?

Thanks in advance.
    Don Hamilton

Post a link to your site and ask people to click it. Then check in a few days. If no results show then something needs to be changed.

Post a link to your site and ask people to click it. Then check in a few days. If no results show then something needs to be changed.
    Thanks Gary,

I inspected the code in each page using Windows notepad" and discovered that the JS snippet that should have been inserted by Xara was not there!
    I cut and pasted the code with Notepad into each page and uploaded the site. Some data is now showing, I will give it a day or so and report back.
    Are we having fun yet?

Don Hamilton

Are we having fun yet?
    It looks like some of us are.

It looks like some of us are.
    It's Alive!!
    Some info is showing up this A.M.
    I also discovered that I could re-install my former Counter site with Note Pad. It too is showing some traffic, may be interesting to compare their results over a few days.

Thanks again

Don Hamilton
    www.on30.ca

A few days later both counters are running and show almost the same data or maybe exactly the same data just presented a little differently.

Thanks again
    Don Hamilton