Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How to build a simple sheet in Xara Webdesign--WD 10

Hi everyone here,

Originally, I want to build a Bulletin Board in Xara Web Design, but seems need to some database environment to support,
    if I just need to build 4 column, including: no. date. event and download file. is it possible to build it, only on xara WD ...
    but unlimited to extend, so would be a scroll screen.
    Really need your help, I think this is for some members is very simple question, but for me, I still don't know how to figure it out and make it happened.

Best,

Alexia

Info Re: How to build a simple sheet in Xara Webdesign--WD 10

Here is the simplest table I could make for you.

It has four text cells with a coloured rectangle underneath.
    The four cells and boxes are soft-grouped.
    They are then set to Push with a setting of (1px, 2px,0px).

To use, always clone the bottom-most blank row.
    This adds an new row immediately underneath.

Use the Text tool and enter details into the cells.
    When they are not deep enough, switch to the select Tool and drag the bottom of the soft group down.
    All rows below are pushed down as well.

Xara Table.web

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: How to build a simple sheet in Xara Webdesign--WD 10

Alexia - Rather than reinvent the wheel, there are many bulletin board solutions that you can use. Some are free but most have a fee structure.

Here's a list from a search for forum website builder https://duckduckgo.com/?q=forum+webs...&t=ffsb&ia=web

I have used Website Toolbox in the past and it is as promised, simple and easy to use https://www.websitetoolbox.com/

Acorn & gwpriester,

Thanks your effort and reminder for me, this simple sheet that is enough to use. 
    Acorn, if I want to add another new line, I just copy the line and paste to a new frame, is it right?
    and I have another question, how to make my this homepage auto to extend?

Best,

Alexia

Or via my favoured root, Google Drive. Easy to amend/add to, published to the web every 5 minutes, all within your own site
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Cross posting there Alexia.

Acorn, if I want to add another new line, I just copy the line and paste to a new frame, is it right?
    With Acorns file to add a new line hit Ctrl+K (Clone). It automatically copies the row above. Just change the content.
    The rows are set to push so as you add content the page automatically lengthens.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg Bramhill,

Thanks response so quickly, wow, Ctrl+K it is very fast to happened new line, good to use..
    But my question is my background page doesn't extend, how to make the background homepage auto following the sheet to extend.

and if I want to add new one column, how should i do this, I tried to ungroup the softgroup, but don't know how to make it softgroup again.

Best,

Aleixa

and if I want to add new one column, how should i do this, I tried to ungroup the softgroup, but don't know how to make it softgroup again.
    Select the Header Column SoftGroup.
    Right Click and select Remove SoftGroup.
    Drag Sect over the rightmost Cell.
    Ctrl+K and move it to the right.
    Change the Header Text.
    Now Drag-Select over all the header cells.
    Arrange / Create SoftGroup.

Repeat for the softgrouped cell below the headers and repeat the above.

Best getting it correct from the start as it wont be simple once the table is in use
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by alexia36 View Post
    Acorn & gwpriester,

Thanks your effort and reminder for me, this simple sheet that is enough to use. 

Best,

Alexia
    You can use the dynamic page tweak https://www.dropbox.com/s/wozzvunmim...v10_2.xar?dl=0 it should work with v10

Hi Jamesd,

Thanks your suggestion, but I still want to know how to add a new column and how to make a group as softgroup, what's different with group and softgroup??

Best,

Alexia