Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara server timing out

HI
    I've been using Xara for two months. I`ve published to the servers countless times. For the
    last two days, I get a message that the servers have timed out. I have been trying to get faster
    internet speeds so I did fool around with my DNS servers. Just changed the DNS back to automatic.
    I have not made any modifications to the publishing dialog since I started using Xara. If memory
    serves, normally in the bottom left corner of the application. There is a status bar showing that the
    upload is being performed. I now don`t see any activity. I have Malwarebytes and do close it out
    before attempting a upload. I`m lost!

Thanks Barry

Default Re: Xara server timing out

Barry - There is a problem with xara.hosting is this what you are talking about? There is a problem that is causing Malwarebytes to block any page hosted with xara.hosting. I think Magix have taken xara.hosting offline while they try to sort out what's going on.

Hi
    Yes, I am talking about the xara hosting. This must be a big issue. I believe you might have
    mentioned this issue at least two weeks ago.

I just tried to publish something and it worked and no grumbling from Malwarebytes so I think the problem is fixed.

Can you try again and report back?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I just tried to publish something and it worked and no grumbling from Malwarebytes so I think the problem is fixed.

Can you try again and report back?
    No Luck. I still get an error server has timed out.
    Barry

Hi golash,

Can you send in a support ticket to our support team (https://support.xara.com/) and they'll be able to advise you on increasing your timeout settings if necessary, or find out the cause of this issue and fix it.

Thanks,
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben.Moses View Post
    Hi golash,

Can you send in a support ticket to our support team (https://support.xara.com/) and they'll be able to advise you on increasing your timeout settings if necessary, or find out the cause of this issue and fix it.

Thanks,
    Ben
    Hi
    I sent in a request yesterday but only asked when the servers and its problem with Malwarebytes would be resolved. Should I send in a new request and mention
    the server timing error.

Hi golash,

What is your ticket number?

Can you sign into https://support.xara.com/ and reply to your current ticket, adding the information about the server timing error, and include the TalkGraphics thread URL. The Malwarebytes issue shouldn't stop you publishing or show timeout errors, so it's probably not the same issue.

Thanks,
    Ben

Ben - Has the issue with xara.hosting been resolved? I published to my account last night and had not grumbling from Malwarebytes.

Hi gwpriester,

I have a full comment in another Thread (link below) but so far I haven't been blocked from viewing any xara hosting sites and no new reports have come through.

https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...servers-down#5

Thanks,
    Ben