Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Domain Password

Default Domain Password

I have used the Xara hosting to test a new website. I am now ready for comments from colleagues before it is transferred to its own permanent domain. It works fine. Before I gave colleagues access I changed my account password but the hosted site is still using the old password. So I re-saved the site and re-published the site but the new password is still not enabled. The new password was used successfully to publish the website. Is there a way to force the hosted website to change the password to be the same as the account? If not is there a way of doing this manually? Thanks to anyone who can help. Many thanks.

Default Re: Domain Password

I'm totally confused (but these days and in these trying times that is not unusual). Do you want to use the same password you use to publish the site as the password to allow access to your site?

Thank you Gary. Yes that is right. It set itself up using my account password but now I have changed the account password the domain access password has not changed. The publish password has changed to follow the account password. Hope that is a little clearer. Thanks.

The domain password has now changed to match the account password. It seemed to do it of its own accord after a while. Thanks for help.

No, now I am even more unclear. Chalk it up to current events and advancing age.

Which, I am sure you said this, password do you want to change?

Be aware that currently Xara.hosting is down due to some issues that were flagging Malwarebytes to block sites on that domain. I expect there will be an announcement here when xara.hosting is back on line.

Me too Gary ???
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host