Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

...i thought i'd share.
    (while i wait for the wife to get home) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I call it "Dragon Lands".

Main scenery pic was done with Terragen. Everything else was in Photoshop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dragon-lands.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	2189  

...i thought i'd share.
    (while i wait for the wife to get home) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I call it "Dragon Lands".

Main scenery pic was done with Terragen. Everything else was in Photoshop.

Very cool.

Desat the orange at the bottom of the frame a bit Mark it almost looks annodized or metal and is a bit stark against the non lit areas.

Stu.

aaa... well, thanks Stu.

Actually though, i didn't keep this file... i was just killin' time with it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

The bottom of the frame too Stu is the real colour of it. It's the light at the top that's washed out the colour a bit. But i get what you're seeing though.
    Just a thought...
    I think your "Mac" monitor may be 'seeing' the image just a hair different than my "PC" monitor does too. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Thanks for checkin' it out bud.
    Cya!

I hate it when people throwaway images look 10 times better than my keepers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Great look Terragen image. I love the frame, looks like it was done with 3D software. Did you use gradients in Photoshop to make the frame?

--Randy

I know Stu well enough to be shure that on his monitor the frame has an anodised look, but here on my PC it looks like frames one can buy in the shops. Probably this &çÃ*é!çç!! gamma difference.

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

Hey thx guys.

Ya, sorry about that Randy... Doh! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I have a number of custom gradients that i use just for creating frames. Basically, they consist of 8 to 10 colour markers; but using only grayscale.
    The distance between each marker produces the varying widths of the frame's cut/mold pattern/design.
    Once the grad has been applied to the frameboard shape, just set it's Blend Mode to either Overlay, Softlight, or Hardlight. Then turn down the Opacity a little to taste.

This concept of using gradients to create molded/cut shape designs is not new. I'll usually use it for interface designs though.
    I first started using it around '96-'97. And i originally got the info about using gradients in this manner from a fella i befriended back then named "Doc Ozone" - ala "Hands On Training" w/Doc Ozone (the Website).

Anywho... any questions about this stuff just ask. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

PS: ya, it's definately the "gamma" thing Erik.

I'm so spoiled!

I'm so used of seeing the quality of your work that I forget to say how much I like it. Sorry.

Probably it's me, but I never "felt" Terragen up to now. The software and I have not been properly introduced, I'm afraid, so we will have to spend a rainy weekend together untill we can call one-another "old sport". [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I have spent some quality time alone with her. And i really spent some time also learning and understanding about the few capable plugins that have been created for the app.

If you don't have any plugins for the app let me know. I'll point you to the better, more useful ones. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]