Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo by Fix

Question Photo by Fix

How do I check the size of a page I've designed in MB's, so not to exceed my host limit?

Default Re: Photo by Fix

Export locally and examine the payload of the page html and its associated folder contents.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Ok thanks! When I exported in the file titled, index_htm_files, there where all of the images I have used for my site. There where a lot of repeat images that get generated in the process of editing and retrying different looks, I probably don't need to keep all of the repeat images. However, when I try to delete the repeat images in the bitmap gallery including some that come over in widgets, hole parts of the page delete so I undue. Why can't I delete some of these?

Hi Photo, welcome to TG. Each time you publish a site the public_htm_files folder is republished afresh. Old unused images aren't retained. I recommend not messing around deleting any files within this folder just leave it to the software to sort it out
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I just read in help that after one saves and closes program, the program purges and gets rid of copies.

Being new to this software I have had some glitchyness using gallery widgets where photo are all loaded then when I ctl-save and go back to the edit page some of the pictures aren't there but there is a sm. x in a square in the left corner where it should be.
    And one more, I'm now inserting single photos on the page and giving them the ability to enlarge by Rt. clicking> web properties> Link> when object is clicked> pop-up photo> Setting > then I set the size image width > apply > ok So this has been work great now that I figured out that I can do this, but now I have three photos I've tried it on and it stopped working, when I open in the browser nothing? Thanks for all replies.

I just read in help that after one saves and closes program, the program purges and gets rid of copies.
    That is correct, this removes unused photos from the Bitmap Gallery of the Xara file. In other words if you are working on a Xara file and delete an image from the page, it still remains within the Bitmap Gallery. Once you save and close the Xara document, it's purged thus that when you reopen the document it is no longer within the Bitmap Gallery.

What's ctl-save?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

And one more, I'm now inserting single photos on the page and giving them the ability to enlarge by Rt. clicking> web properties> Link> when object is clicked> pop-up photo> Setting > then I set the size image width > apply > ok So this has been work great now that I figured out that I can do this, but now I have three photos I've tried it on and it stopped working, when I open in the browser nothing?
    Sounds like your photo's are being inserted onto a non visible layer.
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by Photo by Fix View Post
    Ok thanks! When I exported in the file titled, index_htm_files, there where all of the images I have used for my site. There where a lot of repeat images that get generated in the process of editing and retrying different looks, I probably don't need to keep all of the repeat images. However, when I try to delete the repeat images in the bitmap gallery including some that come over in widgets, hole parts of the page delete so I undue. Why can't I delete some of these?
    If you copy an image 100 times and leave all on a a xara deisgn page or pages, then when you publish or export the xara application will give each and every one a number. If instead, you initially use the Name gallery and Name a file, filename=pictureXYZ, then the Xara application will re-use the image PictureXYZ in all its copies.

This is far harder to do with NavBars and HiSlide pop-ups, which is why I usually avoid these.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

No I don't think it's photos in a indivisible layer. On the pop-ups for some reason the photos that I apply the settings opened in the browser don't even indicate that they would enlarge. I've since gone to other pages and adjusted several other images to pop-up enlarge and all have worked fine. If it's the gallery and some show and some don't it isn't a layer issue.