Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Google Mobile Page test

When I test our company website that has a mobile variant that I made with Xara, for the Google Mobile Friendly test, it comes back as not mobile friendly. When I look at the site on my phone it displays fine. Could Google not be liking how Xara does mobile sites? I am wondering because of search ranking.

Here is the tool for testing with if anybody would like to look at one of their sites.

https://search.google.com/search-con...obile-friendly

Ray

Default Re: Google Mobile Page test

Hi Ray

I have a number o sites created in Xara that have passed the Google test - what specifically did yours fail on? It could potentially be something as simple as font size.

What is happening is that Google does not like the nav bar. It comes back that the links are too close and content is too wide for the screen. Which is not the case on the width or the closeness of the links when viewed on a phone. Google gives a screen shot on the test page and it shows all kinds of links all over the place that is not part of the main page or the nav bar, they are links from individual pages that are reached by nav bar.

Here is a screen shot
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Google mobile test.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	115972

I had originally used a Xara theme that I modified which came with a mobil variant. The font size shown on the screen shot is not correct at all to what is actually shown on the phone.

Ray

Urghhh! Any chance of the xar/web file and a url Ray?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg,

I think the file is too big to attach to the forum. The site has a lot of photos on it and some 67 pages. The web site is www.p-s-s.com.

Ray

Tested it on Google mobile test site and it came up:
    Page is mobile-friendly

This page is easy to use on a mobile device
    ?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Boy that is strange, I am still getting that it is not mobile friendly.

Ray

Here you go Ray:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p-s-s.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	115998  
    Egg

It is still showing it fails when I run the test. I wonder if it has something to do with you being in Europe and me in the US that it is different Google servers running the test. This is weird so now I am even more confused on how this could affect search ranking.

Thanks for checking Egg.

Ray

Yes, very odd. Perhaps someone over there can give it a test?
    Egg