Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Navigation Bars Changes effect all pages on Xara Designer Premium 12

On my 480px Variant and 640px Variant Pages any changes to the Navigation Bar is reflected on all pages, but the 960px Variant works with the changes to Navigation Bar only effecting the page that is changed. I cannot any differences to Navigation Bar settings on any variant and ideas on what the problem could be?

Default Re: Navigation Bars Changes effect all pages on Xara Designer Premium 12

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I think the 960 variant is treated as large format variant, a computer monitor, and so the buttons should be different than those used for a mobile variant.

Default Re: Navigation Bars Changes effect all pages on Xara Designer Premium 12

Welcome to TG. I believe there are issues when creating more than two variants. I can't find any links but if memory serves me correctly (which it doesn't much these days) three variants cause odd results.

To be honest I've never seen the need for more than two variants, and the work involved in creating three or more becomes exhaustive.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I agree with Mr. Bramhill of Harwich. I do a 480 variant for smart phone and smaller tablets in the portrait orientation and then a 1000px main site which works on tablets in the landscape orientation.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I agree with Mr. Bramhill of Harwich. I do a 480 variant for smart phone and smaller tablets in the portrait orientation and then a 1000px main site which works on tablets in the landscape orientation.
    Hi Gary, very interesting, I was about to do 3 variants (It is only a 2 page site) but I will give your suggestion a try.

Ciao

Roly

Now sorted I tried several things but right clicking on Navigation Bar and setting Repeating Object to non-repeating seemed to cure it.