Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bing doesn't index images!

Wondering if anyone has any insight into this. It seems that Bing (Microsoft) will not index images but Google will! I Have made many websites in Xara and no images get indexed with Bing, yet the sitemaps are accepted and web searches show that the pages are indexed via the site:example.com and all the pages show, well many do, but select images from the list and none show up! Has anyone have similar experiences?

One side note, only one website created with Xara that is not hosted on GoDaddy, but a seperate server, shows a few images, but certainly not enough! None hosted on GoDaddy show images.

Another issue...When I did a sitemap submission with Bing, and checked for errors with Bing Webmaster control panel and "Too many H1 Tags are present" as an error! It seems that the mobile variants that include the same H1 Tag are considered extra H1 tags, and errors accumulate? Should variants have alternate H2 tags in place and only one variant, say desktop version, have the necessary H1 tags?

website in question....www.cubahorsebackrides.com

TIA

Default Re: Bing doesn't index images!

Just had a look on my site. Google index many images, bing only six. Go figure.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Re the H1 tag, I believe it is the variant that may be causing this but if Google doesn't throw it up I'd disregard Bing.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg....Are you hosting on GoDaddy by chance? But at least some were indexed on Bing, where none of mine are (except 4 on a non-GoDaddy site). Something is fishy here, Ii wish a XARA representative would chime in. Bing is rapidly getting stronger and if this is a Xara issue, it needs to get resolved ASAP.

No, not GoDaddy. Google SE is used by 78% & Bing by 8%. Why do you see Bing not picking up your images as a Xara fault?
    Egg

I don't think a fault, but maybe something to do with the generated code that Google accepts, but Bing doesn't. Bing BTW, is rapidly growing in user base, certainly more than 8% from the stats I have seen, more like 25%. It also may have something to with GoDaddy, but haven't seen any concrete evidence yet. I hope others chime in today with their stats on Bing.

Are you using Bing's Webmaster Tools?
    Egg

Yes, as well as Google's webmaster tools too. So far it seems like the common denominator is GoDaddy hosting.

It seems you need to use a JSON Object that contains the information for each image for Bing to index them. Which would be a complete pain... https://www.bing.com/webmaster/help/...ation-0573ecfd

I did see that (Bing image feed criteria), but one site that - I did with Xara - never used any JSON, and was indexed by Bing's images, only GoDaddy hosted sites made with Xara aren't indexed.