Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Perspective vanishing point mould - explanation please

Can someone please amplify the perspective vanishing point as described in the help page (XPD365 version).

It just says "As you reduce the size of the sides of the perspective mold, you see a "vanishing point" target. This is similar to vanishing points in conventional perspective drawings.
    You can use vanishing points to obtain consistent perspective for several objects. All three objects share a common vanishing point at the small cross."

I have 3 objects and I want them to have a common vanishing point as shown in the diagram. Can anyone give me step-by-step to achieve it? I can make them all have the same perspective (left/right etc) but not 1 having left, 1 right and 1 "floor" as in the illustration. Also I don't understand what the "default perspective" is. Is there an explanation under another topic somewhere?
    Thanks
    Steve

Default Re: Perspective vanishing point mould - explanation please

Hello Steve

Do you see the vanishing point (crosshairs). Basically you want to drag all the vanishing points to the same place. When you drag the vanishing point, the selected shape changes.

The Default Perspective envelope lets you drag each corner of the envelope independently. Here is a link to a very old Workbook that might help http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/wo...1/features.htm

And this might help http://www.xaraxone.com/guest/guest13/index.htm

Thank you for such a quick answer! I'll look at both those shortly

I have the three independently shaped (left/right/floor) and with all 3 selected I can see 3 cross-hairs each with a circle round it like a gun-sight , not just a cross-hair as illustrated. The cross-hair alone seems to be the cursor position. I can make them have the same APPARENT vanishing point by overlapping the "gunsights" as you say. But I had the impression that where the help file says says they "share a common vanishing point" somehow I can convert the 3 into one, so that moving it would reshape all 3 at the same time to that same single point?

I think the vanishing points have to be moved independently.

You can copy an envelope and then paste that envelope onto another object or object. But this does not quite do what you think it will do.

Multiple objects share the same vanishing point, at least in the current XDP product.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-000707.png 
Views:	97 
Size:	7.1 KB 
ID:	115969

Yes what you show is what I am getting, but the help file shows something differentClick image for larger version. 

Name:	vanishing points.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	115970
    In the image the marker in the middle for the VP is just the cross, with no circle as far as I can tell.

Ah, I guess I should have looked it up in the Help to see the illustration.

Each of those objects have a separate perspective mold as you mention, that were dragged to the exact same spot. The help file isn't as clear as it ought to be. But it does say "vanishing points" indicating there are more than one.

If nothing else, this line:

You can use vanishing points to obtain consistent perspective for several objects.

Should read:

You can use the objects individual vanishing points to obtain consistent perspective for several objects.

Or something...

Edit to add.

I don't have XDP 6 installed anymore (what your profile says), but in the latest version, the vanishing point is a cross in a circle and the help has the same.

Mike

Many thanks to both of you --- it's amazing to get answers in such a short time ! And I've updated my profile to reflect the current Photo and Graphic Designer.....
    Steve