Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question problem with navi-bar dissappearing in preview when using htmlplaceholder iframe

I have a created a website with three pages only (“index”, "Page-1" and “services”)

On the pages “services”, I list a number to services individually. The visitor can select each individual text by clicking on each button.
    The button to the far right is “list all”. When clicking this button, all the text areas from each individual layer (text), is shown in a scroll box.

The scrolled text is achieved using place holder with iframe html code that it retrieves objects from another local page names as “page-1”.
    The place holder is located on the page named as “services” on the layer called “Btn_listALL_s”

Problem:

CASE 1 (Navigation bar not visible – but scroll text works)
    If the html placeholder location is on the top level of the layer “Btn_listALL_s” the scrolltext shows correctly when the user clicks on the “LIST ALL”-button, but the the navigation bar on the top right on the page “services” is not visible during prevew.
    See the attached file:
    CASE 1_Navigation bar not visible_but scroll text works.web

CASE 2 (Navigation bar visible, but scroll text does not work)
    If I move the location of the placeholder down to the group “group_listALL_s”, the navigation bar (upper right) shows correctly during preview, but the stroll text does not work.
    See the attached file:
    CASE 2_Navigation bar visible_but scroll text does not work.web

How can I solve this issue? Please see the attached xara web files for both cases.

I want the navigation bar to appear and have the scrolling text to function at the same time.

One more less important question: I would like to find a way when editing each individual text in "services" same changes should automatically be mirrored on the text areas on "page-1". I thought soft grouping would allow this, but it seems as if softgroup only works for objects located on same page. Softgrouping seems to be greyed-out if I select one text area that exists on "services" and same text area that exists on "page-1".

I also tried to using the following "repeat on all pages"- operation
    1) Mark one text object that is located on "services
    2) Select "repeat on all pages", then copy the text object.
    3) Delete the text object and chose "delete on all pages"
    4) Paste the text on "services" and "page-1"

Doing so will allow me to edit the text object on "services" and it will also update the corresponding text on "page-1", however, the position of the text will be the same. This is not an option since the position for the text object on "page-1" is different from the position of same object located on "services".

Is there a work around for this that enables automatic update if editing one text object?

I would be very very happy if I were to receive help to solve these problems.CASE 1_Navigation bar not visible_but scroll text works.web

Default Re: problem with navi-bar dissappearing in preview when using htmlplaceholder iframe

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Check back soon and someone should have a solution for you.

Default Re: problem with navi-bar dissappearing in preview when using htmlplaceholder iframe

Have a look at your IFRAME code:
    <iframe name=myframe src=panel-1.htmheight=100% width=100% scrolling=auto
    marginwidth="500"
    frameborder=0<>/iframe
    You put the closing iframe tag outside its angle brackets.
    The error is then stopping the NavBar HTML code following from appearing.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn - How should the script appear then? Does the final > need to be at the end of iframe? </iframe>

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Acorn - How should the script appear then? Does the final > need to be at the end of iframe? </iframe>
    Spot on Gary - frameborder=0</iframe>

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Gary and Acorn,
    Thank you so very much for the advice regarding the closing bracket on the iframe.

I changed the iframe bracket. The entire code now looks like below:

<iframe name=myframe src=panel-1.htm
    height=100% width=100% scrolling=auto
    marginwidth="500"
    frameborder=0</iframe>

Unfortunately, when testing in in the preview mode, the menu still does not show?

What am I missing?

Any further assistance that help me solve this is highly appreciated. I am new to the forum and I think the forum is great. It is a great learning resource for me and I cannot thank you enough for the help that you provide. I am hoping one day that I can learn as much as to being able to help others on the forum.

Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Edit: Hi again Guys. I found the error. I needed to add another bracket at the end (rameborder=0></iframe>).

It now looks like below:

<iframe name=myframe src=panel-1.htm
    height=100% width=100% scrolling=auto
    marginwidth="500"
    frameborder=0></iframe>

Thank you so very much for helping out. I would not find out this without your help. Thank you very much both of you.

I wish you a nice day. :-)

Sorry I missed the closing angle bracket.

Acorn

No worries, Acorn. I am very glad that you helped me. Actually, you missing the closing angle bracket, gave me an opportunity to learn something new. Let me shake your hand. Thank you very much. Have a great day! :-)