Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Do Variant Changes Go In Both Directions (Should changes on mobile change on main)

I have one site with a page of about 80 items for sale, with 80 prices. Site was complete and working properly. I went and made a mobile variant of the main site by clicking on Create Website Variant (480px). I would like to have any price changes made to the main site reflected on the mobile variant site, which they appear to do. But when I make changes to the layout of the mobile page (placement of text and Paypal buttons), those changes are reflected back to the main page also. I can't change the layout of the mobile page to fit the new size without the change also happening on the main page. I could Stop Sharing, but any price changes made to the main site would not be reflected on the mobile variant. Is there a way for the layout changes on the mobile variant to only affect the mobile page without Stop Sharing? Is this a workflow issue or a setting issue? Any suggestions are appreciated.
    EDIT: It appears I can move the text box on the mobile page and it doesn't move on the main page. But if I move text within the same text box on mobile, it also moves on the main.

Jim

Default Re: Do Variant Changes Go In Both Directions (Should changes on mobile change on main

Once your objects are in place on the mobile site you can right click on individual object and go to Variants > Stop Sharing.

Default Re: Do Variant Changes Go In Both Directions (Should changes on mobile change on main

But if I move text within the same text box on mobile, it also moves on the main.
    I can't understand what you're saying here Jim.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg,
    I have a complete Main site. I made a 480px mobile variant of it. Now I need to arrange all the objects on the 480px page to fit the 480px page size. If I move the text on the mobile variant to fit 480px, it also moves the text on the main site and vice versa: If I move the text on the main site it also moves on the mobile site. Is there a way to keep the text in place on each site, separate from each other without locking it? If I lock it, or if I Stop Sharing, then I can't change the prices if necessary unless I do each page separate. Does that make sense? Sorry for the confusion.

Okay, I think I can understand your problem but it shouldn't be behaving like that. The only way I can see how to solve this is if you attach a xar showing this behaviour. It doesn't need to be your site, just a page that has this behaviour.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg,
    I've attached a stripped down file. If I make text changes on the Mobile page (position, color, etc.), those changes are reflected on the Main page also, but I can move the Paypal buttons as needed on Mobile without them moving on Main like I think should be possible. I had stopped sharing on the home page. The Products page is the one of interest.
    Thanks,

Jim
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello Jim, the main issue is you're using just a single text area. The text area does in fact narrow down on the Mobile variant without adusting the Main variant but all those painfully placed buttons then don't match up to the text.

I'll attach a xar file of the way I'd go about it (though I have better ideas now) as well as a video (sorry about the sound quality)

Inline video's not working. CLICK HERE & watch full-screen
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Egg,
    Thanks. I had previously tried switching from a text box to a text line but it didn't seem to solve it so I had given up. Thanks also for the video. I'll give it a look.

Jim

It's not an issue of text lines Jim, it's just that your text is all in one single block. Break it into smaller blocks
    Egg

Testing inline YT videos & other BB Code. Please delete in two days
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssez...=youtu.be&hd=1
    Egg