Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Photo will not show when Preview of Website clicked

I had an earlier version of this program but Hard Drive went bad. I've read the manual, watched videos but no luck. Page 269 of manual (Xara Web Designer 365) discusses Saving & Exporting Photos, but I must be doing or not doing something because the information (text and photos) are saved in the native.web file but I've tried to follow the rest of the directions, but to no avail. I try to Export but must be doing something wrong because when I Preview the Website, some of the text is seen but some pages are missing text and photos.

Default Re: Photo will not show when Preview of Website clicked

Welcome to TalkGraphics JD

When you say Export do you mean publish? And why are you trying to export photos? To save them? Or to put them on your website?

I'm just trying to save them so when I try to Publish the file or webpage, they will show up. I have a current webpage you can look at if that would help (from the earlier version of this program)

Hi JD. I am responding to your title in this thread Photo will not show when Preview of Website clicked, as I am not quite sure what you are referring to in the description. Check your layer gallery. The photos and/or some elements may be on the Page Background Layer. If they are, although you can see them on the page you are working on, they will not display when previewed. If they are on the Page Background, just click and drag them to the Mouse Off layer.

As you can tell, I'm not well versed in this. In the earlier version I used the same Free Website pages and just scanned my pictures (jpg), added them, followed the direction to Export and then Publish. I've read the information in the manual about what you have posted and let you know, Thanks

Or adding to Abi's comment, they may be on the MouseOver layer in which case they also will not appear in Preview.

In the Page & Layer Gallery click the S icon next to the MouseOver layer. This isolates just the contents of this layer. If you see some of your photos here, cut them to the clipboard (Ctrl + X), then click the MouseOff layer and Edit > Paste > Paste in Place.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Solo.png 
Views:	65 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	115924  

I've started at the beginning of the manual (set my reading plow blades deeper), the information I've received so far has been very helpful. Will follow your advise and see if I can solve my problem, Thanks again

J D It is much simpler for members to point you in the correct direction if you upload your web / xar file
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Are you saying to Publish what I have? As I said in an earlier post, I have a website published from an earlier version of this program and would hate to override that with this incomplete file. I've been re-reading the manual and concentrating on those areas suggested from the previous post. Appreciate the reply.

Hi JD, when you create & save a website in Xara it is saved as a .web file. I'm suggesting you attach the web file to a post. This allows other members to open it in Xara, preview it and see what may be causing your issue. Without the web file members are only guessing what could be the cause but are unable to supply a definitive reason. To attach a web file (or image etc) start a post and click on the 'Advanced' button.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host