Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: I have altered a page but it won't update.

Thanks for the update Egg.

Ciao

Roly

Kington, Herefordshire. I used to live on a boat on the English waterways

Gary or other mods:

Would it be a good idea to change the title of this thread to reflect the malware problem?

Theo

I'm getting this on my xara.hosting account as well. I have forwarded a link to this thread to Xara and have asked them to look into what his causing this.

It appears that xara.hosting is the issue. If I just key in xara.hosting in my browser the hit return the site is blocked. So it appears something wrong with the site itself.

I thought that I would delete my whole site using filezilla but I can't get in.

I haven't mused a "manual" ftp programme for ages. Is the host name <username>.xara.online?

Theo

Just thought of another work around: upload the whole site again by removing the quick upload option in Web Properties ---> Publish.

That didn't work either.

Theo

Maybe we will hear something from Xara tomorrow.

Usually to sign into xara.hosting you need the email address you used when you registered your product and your password you used when you registered your product.

Hi Theo. Try clearing your cache. As you have visited your site often your computer will cache (remember) the earlier versions of each page. Go to History, clear 'since the beginning of time', including CACHE, and you may be able to see the changes. I host externally to Magix, but it sounds like some malware may be on your site.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, 'Oh s$%#t....she's awake!'

Aaaaaaaaaargh!

I had misinterpreted what I was seeing.

The uploaded site was indeed showing the old page. In trying to track down the probem I scanned all 107 pages of the site and noticed that in addition to page "12. newsletters" there is also page "67. newsletters". Page 67 is the version with my changes on it. So it seems that the name is duplicated. "Easy", thought I, "delete the old version (page 12) and the new version will take over". Not so. When I deleted page 12 page 67 was also deleted. Try again: rename the new page 67. Didn't work. The old page 12 was also renamed.

It's all very frustrating and the DP has a glitch which is causing me a problem. I suppose that a work around might be to delete both pages and create a new one. With a bit of software as expensive as DP I shouldn't have to do this.

Ho hum...

Back to the grindstone. .
    Last edited by Theo; 15 January 2017 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Correct a word

Read here for the latest:

I duplicated page 67. newsletters. Page 68. newsletters-a was created. I deleted page 67 which duly diappeared along with Page 12. newsletters.

So far so good.

But no. On inspection of the page gallery I find that there are now two pages called newsletter-a. They are numbered 66 and 67 because page 12 has gone and the list has been renumbered to reflect that.

I will see if the published site now has the correct pages showing but even if it does I will need to be really careful about how I edit pages that have been duplicated. The duplication feature seems to be at fault.

I'll tell you what happens when I have published.

Theo