Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara WebSite M Package Renewal Using Coupon Confusing

With the purchase Xara DPX11, there was a coupon for one year of the WebSite M package. I activated it in in January of 2016 and have been receiving messages that the renewal date is coming up and that I should renew by simply logging into "www.xara-online.com using your email address and password by Jan 26, 2017 and enter your payment details under "Settings."

However, I purchased DPX12(365) and received a coupon for one year of WebSite M package. I can see that I can cash this in, but I don't want a second package and still have to pay for what I have. The method indicated in the email above does not have the possibility to enter the coupon up to the point where I have put in my credit card details and there is a button to Pay. Obviously, I did not want to click on Pay to find that I have paid twice.

So, I raised a ticket with Xara and they sent me the link, which is the same one as for activating the coupon. I logged in and activated the coupon today. Here is the automated message that I received:

"Thank you for choosing our "Website M" offer.

Use is free for the period of 12 months until Jan 26, 2017. At the end of this period you will have the option to extend the offer for a further 12 months for $1.99 per month (Status: 01/2016) or to switch to the free offer, where this is possible
    ."

Wow, that means that I get to use this for a whole 2 weeks! That is, unless Xara actually meant 2018, or that I dreamt about living the last year and we are really in January 2016.

Has anyone else gone through this? Successfully redeemed the coupon to extend an existing Website M package?

Thanks,
    John
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Default Re: Xara WebSite M Package Renewal Using Coupon Confusing

Oh God! Magix / Xara sure have some strange methods of p*****g of their customers
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg,

I don't think that it's deliberate, just not thought through, and there are many things to set up and follow. This is the first go-round on this for Xara, I believe. I'll report back when I receive another reply from Xara. Just thought that maybe someone else had already gone through the exercise.

John
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Update,

Still not resolved, but I will see tomorrow whether or not my credit card gets charged or the coupon that I used somehow gets the correct date.

When I went in Xara On-line to update my payment details (there were none because I have only used a coupon previously), click on a credit card and there is a form to fill out with name, rank, serial number, etc. and a button at the bottom that says Pay. Now I was hesitant to use this as I didn't know what I was paying - no money was mentioned. I went ahead and clicked, and all that it did was come back with a screen that said that my payment details had been updated. I must ask Xara to at least make this button representative of the process, like "Update payment details."

More to come, I'm sure.

John
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Resolved, I hope. Even though I put in my credit card info on Xara-online, and cashed in a coupon that said that my M package was extended until Jan. 26, 2017, instead of 2018, it seems that my subscription was extended to 2018 using the coupon as nothing was charged to my credit card. My websites are still up.

I guess Xara (Magix) figured it out, but I wish that they would make it easier to understand come the next go-round.

John
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)