Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default XWD365 - some objects will not stay behind others [file attached]

I am having an issue with some objects not staying behind others when previewing. The problem is with a rectangle that is "stretched" full width and "stick at top", and a tree graphic that won't stay behind a rectangle that is "stretched" full width. I have tried everything to remedy to no avail. See the attached file. Let's see if anyone can figure this out or if it's a bug that needs to be reported. Using parallax and stick at top so XWD365 premium is required to view. Thanks.

CapnJohns.web

Default Re: XWD365 - some objects will not stay behind others [file attached]

Just coming back to XWD after many months. A newbie to it, still. Saw the same this morning, and figured it was just something I would have to come back to later. Will be interested to see the solution.

Capn,

It appears to me that the rectangle has a transparency applied so the tree graphic is showing through the rectangle. As you scroll. I also had to slow down the parallax effect to get the tree graphic to scroll properly. You need to take the transparency off and make the rectangle the color you want in order to keep the tree graphic from showing through.

Ray

That's weird Ray. I opened that file in XDPX and I had no problems' and no transparency. I put the tree to back and it didn't show through nor did it when previewing and everything scrolled properly. Could there be something in 365 pro causing that behavior. I know XDPX is old but it makes me wonder.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCapn View Post
    I am having an issue with some objects not staying behind others when previewing. The problem is with a rectangle that is "stretched" full width and "stick at top", and a tree graphic that won't stay behind a rectangle that is "stretched" full width. I have tried everything to remedy to no avail. See the attached file. Let's see if anyone can figure this out or if it's a bug that needs to be reported. Using parallax and stick at top so XWD365 premium is required to view. Thanks.

CapnJohns.web
    Hi Capn, could you be a little more specific about your issue. Which rectangle is stretched full and stick at top, and which rectangle is full stretched that the tree wont stay behind? Also out of curiosity what is the yellow rectangle with red text supposed to do?

I noticed that the darker blue rectangle with the navbar on top is stretched and stick at top, is this the one? Is yes, what is the problem? when you scroll down they both stick at the top, which is what I presume you want.
    Ciao

Roly
    Last edited by roly; 06 January 2017 at 11:46 PM. Reason: added some observations after my original post

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    Capn,

It appears to me that the rectangle has a transparency applied so the tree graphic is showing through the rectangle. As you scroll. I also had to slow down the parallax effect to get the tree graphic to scroll properly. You need to take the transparency off and make the rectangle the color you want in order to keep the tree graphic from showing through.

Ray
    Ray, underneath the transparent rectangle is a solid color rectangle. Both are above the layer of the palm trees and therefore should cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by roly View Post
    Hi Capn, could you be a little more specific about your issue. Which rectangle is stretched full and stick at top, and which rectangle is full stretched that the tree wont stay behind? Also out of curiosity what is the yellow rectangle with red text supposed to do?

I noticed that the darker blue rectangle with the navbar on top is stretched and stick at top, is this the one? Is yes, what is the problem? when you scroll down they both stick at the top, which is what I presume you want.
    Ciao

Roly
    Roly, the dark blue rectangle with the text/links does not stretch as it should. See how the transparent rectangle is visible on either side of it? Also notice that objects on the page scroll on top of the dark blue bar even though it is on a layer above them. Basically everything on the page should scroll underneath the dark blue nav bar when it is stuck at the top.

The palm trees do not stay behind the solid colored (light blue) rectangle which is on a higher layer and also stretched.

The issue seems to be a problem with how the stretch feature works. I was able to figure out a workaround. I duplicated the rectangles that are stretched and removed the stretch option. As far as I can tell it's a bug in the software. See the attached file with it fixed.

The yellow rectangle with red text is supposed to slide in underneath the nav bar when it is stuck at the top when the small yellow trigger object comes into view. I don't think it's possible to do it the way that I want.

I'm also having a different issue with the navigation bar. I'll be posting details for that later.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Capn, I did a lot of playing around so I might not have spelled out all of the changes but look in the layers gallery and I gave some names to some of the rectangles ( one is rectangle A the other is rectangle B). Starting with rectangle A, I'm not sure what it does , so I left it out on the right hand side. By the way this rectangle was too high on the page, that is why you had the white on the sides of the navbar. I removed the full stretch from the dark blue rectangle under the nav bar and then I widened the rectangle on both sides. I changed the color of your 3 white rounded rectangles only to easier see what was happening (you can change them back to white). The yellow box was off from the page, I brought it in ( inside the 960 px which is your page width )and then I right clicked the mouse then clicked web site properties then clicked on the website tab and unclicked the "click to page edges" box. Your navbar is not a real navbar, I suggest you bring one in from the gallery and give the proper names to each box then place it over the dark blue rectangle and then stick to top. Hope this helps. Forgot to mention see the attachment below .

Forgot to mention the light blue rectangle (rectangle B) I removed the stretch and widened the rectangle from both sides and placed the top of the rectangle just below thr dark blue rectangle.

Ciao

Roly
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by roly; 07 January 2017 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Added additional comment that I forgot

Hi Capn, as for the yellow rectangle with red text hiding under the dark blue rectangle, just make the dark blue rectangle wider (height wise) so as to cover the yellow rectangle.

Ciao

Roly

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    That's weird Ray. I opened that file in XDPX and I had no problems' and no transparency. I put the tree to back and it didn't show through nor did it when previewing and everything scrolled properly. Could there be something in 365 pro causing that behavior. I know XDPX is old but it makes me wonder.
    Larry,

I opened the file in Designer Pro 11 and 365 and the palm graphic showed through the both rectangles in both programs.

Capn.
    I had seen that the rectangle above the blue rectangle has transparency applied and thought that this was the problem. I did not take into account the blue rectangle does not have transparency. To me it appears as a bug and should be reported to Xara. There is something with using sticky and the stretch that is causing this.

Glad you found a work around but I would still report it.

Ray

Thanks for all of the replies.

Roly, I just got around to checking out the changes you made. You did something I hadn't thought of, and that was to extend the bar much farther than the page thereby eliminating the need for the full-stretch option altogether. I think that is a better and less complicated solution than the one I came up with.

I know the navbar was not complete, I didn't want to get into that until I finalized the layout of the page.

As far as the yellow box, that was just something I was playing around with and was moved off the page temporarily. I doubt I will even use it.

RKissane, yes, I think it is definitely a bug, and for the same reason you mentioned. How do I report a bug to XARA?

Thanks again everyone, John