Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Facebook like button help

Possibly Gary, re the Share button but the number of likes doesn't appear correctly. What number of likes do you get now?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Possibly Gary, re the Share button but the number of likes doesn't appear correctly. What number of likes do you get now?
    I'm back to 1

Probably the best thing to do is just use the 'button' layout so it does'nt show any number of likes!

Probably the best thing to do is just use the 'button' layout so it does'nt show any number of likes!
    I agree. Unless you have something like a few thousand likes, it can be more embarrassing than anything else if you only show a few likes.

Egg - Still showing 5 but Facebook will only let you like once based on your IP.

I spoke to a web designer today and he said the Facebook like button will only show the likes you get from your website since it was installed. It does not get the likes from Facebook that you already have, but does post new likes back to Facebook.

I'm sure when I was using Serif Webplus the Facebook like button showed all my likes.

Hi Ian, I dont think that information is correct. I believe your problem stems from the url that you are using for the Like code. I tested it on a clients site and it immeadiately said there were 179 Likes.

Can you supply your FB page?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Okay, searched for your FB page and came up with the following url

URL

Went into FB developers page using this and used the supplied iframe code.

xar file attached and it gives 57 Likes
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Hi,
    This is my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/swallowdalebrundall/

The web designer I spoke to works for Bizify. I placed an ad on their website a couple of days ago, which has a FB like button linking to my FB page. At the moment the FB button shows 2. I queried this with him and that is when he told me a FB button will only show likes since it was put on a site and only from that site. Here is the link to that ad so you can see their FB button.

http://www.bizify.co.uk/holidays-sel...e-holiday-home

Thanks for your help.
    Ian.

I'm up very late Ian. Are you too or just up very early? What number of Likes does my xar file show for you?
    Egg