Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Facebook like button help

By the way, the like button on the Bizify site is cut off on the right hand side (in FF)
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I'm up early. I am not near a computer at the moment, just on iPad. I will try your xar file later and let you know.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    By the way, the like button on the Bizify site is cut off on the right hand side (in FF)
    The FB like button is not cut off on my iPad. Even if it is cut off the first number should be 5 but it is 2.

Ian.

Screengrab from my desktop.

What number do you get with my attached xar file?

Off to bed!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swallowdale-3.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	115942  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Screengrab from my desktop.

What number do you get with my attached xar file?

Off to bed!
    Hi egg,

On Bizify, as you say the number is cut off of the edge of the screen on my Desktop, but on my ipad I can see 2. But it should show more.

I tried your code on my website and it worked. I have left both on there at the moment in case you want to look. I don't understand how yours works and mine doesn't though.

this is my code:-

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fen-gb.facebook.com%2Fswallowdalebrundall%2F&width=300 &layout=button_count&action=like&show_faces=false& share=true&height=46&appId" width="300" height="46" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

and this is yours:-

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fswa llowdalebrundall%2F%3Ffref%3Dts&width=300&layout=s tandard&action=like&size=small&show_faces=false&sh are=true&height=35&appId=371287322997484" width="300" height="35" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

Ian.

I have managed to sort this problem by importing the Facebook Plugins Widget from Xara Online Content Catalogue, then filling in the details before copying and pasting into my page.

Thanks to Egg for all your help in resolving this issue.

My pleasure Ian
    Egg

Hi,
    I like the idea of doing this. I cannot get the code to work on a placeholder. Is there another way of doing it?

Quote Originally Posted by nicoll29 View Post
    Hi,
    I like the idea of doing this. I cannot get the code to work on a placeholder. Is there another way of doing it?
    Look back to my last post on this page. This is how I got it working.