Hello

For some time now I have wished that Xara could have proper "connectors" between shapes - so that we could move shapes around still keeping them connected (**).

I've recently been playing with a thing called Scapple, which is both remarkably useful and mind-numbling simple:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvP6c7AFx_c

What it does is allows you to type text in at speed, using just the keyboard, which it instandly turns into text boxes. You can then drag the text boxes around as required. And what is particularly clever is just how easy it is to connect them. You just drag one box over the top of another (optionally holding down a modifier key like Alt) and.... Pow - job done!

The big problem with Scapple is that despite much pleading from something of a cult following from knowledge workers (e.g. authors), development stopped 3 years ago at version 1.0.0.0!! And although it does what it does brilliantly, there are rough edges and the formatting is pretty scruffy.

So I was wondering if there would be any appetite for doing something similar with Xara. Are plugins even possible with Xara? If so maybe someone could develop a Scapple clone mode...

- Any takers?

J

(**) I have also wanted to have lines with arrow heads that actually terminate where the itself line terminates, rather than some seemingly random point beyond the end of the line - but don't get me started...!