Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Make Pasteboard accessible from all pages

Thanks, Acorn. That does help in getting an item from one page...perhaps where it was erroneously placed, onto the correct page. But, again, that was not the OP. I appreciate the work-arounds, but ultimately, I'm making a suggestion for what I feel is an improvement. Don't get me wrong. The help is appreciated. However, unless I misunderstand, that's not the purpose of this section of the forum. Somewhere along the way, maybe a Dev could step in and say if it's possible...not possible...can be done...won't be done...if/how/why/when. In the meantime, the workarounds are appreciated.

The issue is that it's not always about moving stuff to its proper page. For instance....color swatches, or design notes, or key things to remember...or whatever. Those things don't need to move from page to page. They just need to be readily available. Before Serif finally institutued the pasteboard that was accessible from anywhere, WebPlus worked just as XWD does, and I would use a "non-publishing" page from within the site structure to store all of that design material. All in one tidy place that travels along with the work file. I'll probably just go back to that way of working.

I'm just glad to see any kind of pasteboard. I'm also testing Sparkle right now, and it has no pasteboard at all. So, if you want to temporarily get something off the page, it has to be deleted. DOH!!!

Default Re: Make Pasteboard accessible from all pages

it would have to be [the option for] a separate global pasteboard; no way would I want to loose the current system of each page having it's own pasteboard because that is ideally suited to the way I work

could be this issue is more web document oriented than drawing where a separate page for info has never been a problem for me

unless things have change since I used to moderate - this forum is for suggestions and bug reports and for other members to air their views on the issue[s] in question, which may include discussing possible options and alternatives [as long as it stays on topic of course ]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...