Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Make Pasteboard accessible from all pages

When designing a site, I keep all sorts of stuff on the pasteboard area....some that is never going to be on a page, i.e. notes to myself, color swatches, the cat's favorite canned food. It would be so nice if the pasteboard could be viewed from any page. This has the added advantage of being a quick way to get items from one page to another, also.

RistonRants "about workflow" in NWArkansas

Default Re: Make Pasteboard accessible from all pages

Hi RistonRants, select the objects on the pasteboard then right click > Repeat > Repeat on all Pages

Thanks, James. A good work-around...but just one more thing to remember about everything I put out there.....

....especially the cat food part.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

hello Riston, each page has its own pasteboard and as long as you don't unlock the pasteboard layer and place your objects there they will be on the mouse off layer and wont show on the published site. you can have objects appear on all pages even on the pasteboard by right clicking any object and making it repeat then it will appear on each page right where you put it.

beaten to it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

The only problem I see with that, is that it IS repeating. If I've placed something on the HOME page, and realize that I need to put it aside for the moment, and add it to the CONTACT page later (an example), I don't want it to be a repeating object. I just want to drag it out of my way. Then, when I get to that other page, I'd like to have ready access to it, to pull it into position where I need it.

My notes, for instance, are always on the pasteboard, not on an actual page. So, they could be repeating objects, no problem.

You can select Stop Repeating > This page only

Thanks, James, but all just a bit too fiddly, which is why I posted here....suggesting that Xara consider making the pasteboard accessible from every page and every layer.....drag it out there.....move to another location....drag it back on....head down, pencil moving, on to the next design item.

Not sure what I'm missing here, but can't you do exactly that ... drag from the pasteboard on page 1 to the pasteboard area on page 6.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Not sure what I'm missing here, but can't you do exactly that ... drag from the pasteboard on page 1 to the pasteboard area on page 6.
    I'm new enough not to know how. I drag something onto the Page 1 pasteboard, and I can't see it anyplace else. And, although there have been some good work-arounds mentioned, I wasn't looking for that. I was just making a suggestion for an improvement that one pasteboard serve all pages and/or layers in Xara's case. I'm a WebPlus refugee, and sure miss that ability a lot. very intuitive, and incredibly useful over the years. Can't even begin to tell you how it helped planning, layout, workflow...you name it.

Right-click on the Pasteboard - Multiple Page View.
    Drag object and right click to drop a copy across pages.

A single Pasteboard would never serve my workflow.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat