Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Font Awesome

Default Font Awesome

Maybe this is the wrong thread
    I am using XPGD 365 and cannot find Font Awesome and I have searched many times. So my question is where is it? Supposedly it is included with XPGD365 but I sure cannot find it. Can anyone help?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Default Re: Font Awesome

If there is an insert menu like in XDP, it might be there. A menu selection called Symbol.

But you can just go to the Font Awesome web site, download and install the font, then copy the desired symbol from their web page and paste it as well.

Mike

Mike is correct. Insert > Symbol > Font Awesome.

thank you that was it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

slight off topic question: how can I find everywhere a fontawesome symbol is used in my site?

John - Can you be more specific?

Used fonts are shown in the Name Gallery. However, when using Font Awesome symbols through the Insert menu, the font doesn't show. I've no idea how to quickly locate an incidental symbol other than by combing through the Page & Layer Gallery.

Font awesome symbols can be inserted as shapes using the Select tool rather than the Text tool.
    If you have XDPX, you can use the Names gallery to see the associated attribute type:symbol.

Once found, you can then use the context menu option Replace > With symbol.

Xara adds Font Awesome text symbols as a class .xr_s2.
    You can use this CSS in the page head:
    <style> .xr_s2 {
    color: red;
    }
    </style>
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Font awesome symbols can be inserted as shapes using the Select tool rather than the Text tool.
    If you have XDPX, you can use the Names gallery to see the associated attribute type:symbol.

Once found, you can then use the context menu option Replace > With symbol.

Xara adds Font Awesome text symbols as a class .xr_s2.
    You can use this CSS in the page head:
    Acorn
    Addendum

Xara adds Font Awesome text symbols as a class .xr_sn. The n depends on the number of font and styles used and when you added the symbol
    To get the exact class you need to examine xr_text.css to find exactly which class number (n) are being used for your symbols.
    A quick way I to search the source code in the Preview (right-click > View source) and search for "xr_s" (no digit) and look for SPANs that only have a pattern like "&#nnnnn;" with no other text.

You can use this example CSS in the page head:
    <style> .xr_s2 {
    color: red;
    }
    </style>
    The number 2 above may be different your your design.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat