Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Non-Standard Fonts Warning

Hi again Alex. d/l'ed you site and published it. I get no warning re fonts !!! Try saving your xar/web in a different folder and open/publish Do you still get the font warning. If so send it to Xara Support. No indication of the Open Sans Bold in the fonts Gallery.

A big issue I have with your file is that if I choose to "Preview Whole Website" it takes an eternity. I could go downstairs & grill some cheese on toast in the time it takes Xara to creates a preview. I don't know why this is, perhaps someone else could preview the xar/web file. I deleted the one (?) video file.

All your images appear to have been optomised.... so I'm at a loss why the publish preview takes so long.

Another thing I would raise. Your home page has 20 images down the left hand side. Consider grouping these to create a single image, so you lessen the calls on the server to supply these assets.

So peeps, let us know if you get a font warning on publish.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for all the feedback Egg.

Interestingly as I was following-up on your points I closed the xar file and upon re-opening it received the following dialog.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	(tmp)Screenshot - 2_8_2017 , 4_15_07 PM.png 
Views:	117 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	116146

Once installed I no longer get the warning about non-standard fonts.

Why didn't this happen before? Theory: I typically do not close my XAR files when closing XARA Designer; when I re-launch XARA those XAR files are reloaded. I am thinking the above dialog would have only come up if the XAR file was opened "fresh."

Thanks for your help Egg!

I think I have the same problem - a warning that 2 of the fonts in my 95 page web sites are no longer installed. I can't find anything that looks like the graphic of the Name Gallery, and no help in the Help files.

Can somebody please give me simple step-by-step instructions how to find out which of the 95 pages uses the missing font? Then I can replace it.

Thanks. Ed

Hey guys,

Does the Xara Web Designer Premum 365 have the "Name Gallery"?
    It seems I am unable to find how to display it.

Regards,
    Kamen

Quote Originally Posted by KamenPPavlov View Post
    Hey guys,

Does the Xara Web Designer Premum 365 have the "Name Gallery"?
    It seems I am unable to find how to display it.

Regards,
    Kamen
    I can't find the Name Gallery anywhere in my copy of WD Premium 365 either.

Wolfpup,

Having not seen the text it would be difficult for me to detect where in the website it is. However, Calibri (unless I am mistaken) is a font used by Office Word. It would definitely be a serif font.

Mark