Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Non-Standard Fonts Warning

When I publish my website I get the warning that the following non-standard fonts will be published with your website...Please ensure the font license allows embedding.....

I have looked at all the text in my website and I can't find where this font is used. Is there a way in Xara to find all text in a certain font? I don't know what is using this font and would like to change it so there is no worry about licensing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FontWarning.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	115834

Default Re: Non-Standard Fonts Warning

Use the Name Gallery wolfpup.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	used-fonts.png 
Views:	139 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	115835  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thank you! I had looked there, but apparently didn't see it on the right page. Sometimes it's just knowing which bolt to tighten!!!

Also Note that there was an issue with Calibri font in earlier versions, odd double characters etc.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Yes, but I'm not sure why CALIBRI should show as a non standard font though.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Yes, but I'm not sure why CALIBRI should show as a non standard font though.
    Xara's EULA covers this Keith:

5. Some fonts and clip-art is provided by third parties who retain the copyright. In all cases copyright is reserved by Xara or its licensors and is protected by international copyright law. When publishing websites with non-standard fonts embedded you need to ensure the font license permits embedding for websites. You will see an alert if it appears that the font license does not permit embedding and you should not continue unless you have determined that the license does permit embedding. If in doubt please contact your font vendor..
    Egg

Good day.

I'm encountering a similar issue as wolfpup, and was hoping the Name Gallery would solve the problem. It doesn't. Here are my issues.

- I'm trying to find what objects have Open Sans Bold, which is the font shown on the Warning when I publish.
    - The Names Gallery doesn't show any use of Open Sans Bold. It does, however, show Open Sans Semibold. I am assuming this is the offending font, so would like to find all cases where it has been used in my site.
    - Double-clicking on Open Sans Semibold on the Names Gallery does nothing.
    - Right-clicking gives me options I was hoping would help, but they don't.
    - Find... Doesn't want to work without a search argument, but I don't know what text I'm looking for. Tried using "a" (i.e., taking the path that all text will have vowels in them), but the Find... seems to be of text in the Names Gallery--not the site.
    - Select was my next attempt, but I get a dialog that "One or more objects could not be selected..." and doesn't appear to get me to the object(s) that use the offending font.

Net-net: I'm at a loss as to how to zero in on which object(s) on my multi-page site are using the offending font. I appreciate any help pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks.
    Alex E. Luyando J.C.N. Associates, L.L.C. Microsoft Visual FoxPro Database Application Design and Development | IT Project Management

Hi Alex, could you attach your xar file?
    Egg

Sure Egg... Would love to put for some reason having trouble uploading the file. Any chance I could email or FTP it?

Thanks.

Do you have dropbox or googledrive Alex. Share it and leave a link here.
    Egg