Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Inserting points/nodes with pen (Surface Pro)

Hi all, I just got myself a MS Surface Pro to run XD365 on. Everything is great on it so far except for adding points in the middle of a path in Node Edit mode. With a mouse it is just a click, but with a pen??? A keyboard shortcut for adding a node would do fine if it was possible. Any ideas?
    James Kelly

Default Re: Inserting points/nodes with pen (Surface Pro)

Not sure because I have not used a pen and tablet or Surface, but it would seem to me that you would tap on the line with the pen in the same way you click with the mouse. But that seems too obvious and I am sure you have tried this. Any other Surface Pro users out there?

Thanks for the reply, Gary. It can work with a single click but it's very hit and miss, and much more miss than hit. More often than not I end up pushing the line into a curve instead of simply adding a point. It works fine with the trackpad on the keyboard, but not so easy with the pen. It's the same on my Wacom, but on a Wacom I can program the keys to suit.

What ever happened to the API for developers that was to be part of version 11 over a year and a half ago? That could possibly have been just what I needed.
    James Kelly

Not sure about the API. Xara never tells us anything until they tell the world.

What's going on with your website? I was checking it out but there is no site. Just directories.

Quote Originally Posted by SignPig View Post
    What ever happened to the API for developers that was to be part of version 11 over a year and a half ago? That could possibly have been just what I needed.
    James, vaporware, probably. I stopped expecting and asking for it.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by SignPig View Post
    Good question. I was wondering the same!

PS: Cross-posted with Acorn. So, that was it, just hot air?!

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    What's going on with your website? I was checking it out but there is no site. Just directories.
    i closed it down a while back but can't remove the link from my signature or profile.
    James Kelly

Settings > Edit Signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Good question. I was wondering the same!
    PS: Cross-posted with Acorn. So, that was it, just hot air?!
    To suggest the immenient arrival of an API that allows you to create Smart Shapes with JavaScript as the underlying language for two major versions seems to be my alternative dictionary definition,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I gathered as much, Acorn. And again no word from Xara.....